Saturday, August 23, 2008

One week done

The first week of school is complete and I'm already sick. My throat hurts on the right side and my right ear hurts. I've been really, really tired this week and have been getting a LOT of sleep. I started to fall asleep while I was eating dinner on Thursday. Much to my friends amusement when they heard the story Friday. They way they make it sound, I am two years old and have fallen face first into my spaghetti bowl.

Other than being sick, things are going pretty well. I now have 14ish kids in my class and it's looking like I will not have to close the class down. It will still be in the air for some time but I'm pretty sure that I will be OK.

I am shocked at how little many of the children know. I am comparing them to the twinnies and my 3 3/4 year old babies are years ahead of most of the children in my class. I know my kids are smart but I don't see them as so far advanced that they should be blowing these kids out of the water. A few of the kids have never held a pencil or crayon and do not know how to scribble let alone pretend to color in the lines. You can tell the children that have been in Headstart or had a family that worked with them.

#1 Son has also finished his first week back to school. He is in second grade this year and loving it so far. He didn't even fight me with his homework! Of course he figured out that we could type the homework and find pictures on the Internet instead of him using his own hands to write. He said his teacher was very happy with his finished project. I'm happy that he is happy.

Now it's time to crawl back into bed. Sleep, glorious rest.

No comments: