Things always happen in threes
I haven't felt like writing lately. Actually I have but I haven't had a chance to just sit down and get everything out. I have the need to sit down are really write something good. Most of the things that I write now are just quick notes about my day. Not necessarily bad but not good writing also. I need to start posting some of my other, more original writing. If it's bad or not.
Bella is back and trying to escape again. She was gone for a few days and I really didn't think that we were going to be seeing her again. I was sure that she was eaten or taken in by someone else. I'm glad she's back but she's driving me crazy. She she's a talker. She will meow back at you and have a conversation only you don't understand what she is saying because she is a cat. Sometimes I pretend and the kids get a good laugh out of it but really it's usually just annoying.
A teacher from my school died yesterday. It's very surreal right now. I worked with her this last year and she made me want to hit my head against a wall several times but I never felt that she was a bad person or a bad teacher. Just likely to have me get a self invoked concussion. She was unmarried, had no children and lived on her own. She was 50 years old.
I went to visit the principal of my school today. She was good friend with the teacher that passed and the principal cried for part of the time that I was there. It's hard because I don't really feel like crying about it. I am sorry that she had died. I am sorry that her family will be in pain about her being gone. The school is losing a really good teacher. I just don't have tears for her.
When someone in like this in my life dies, I do cry at their funeral but the tears are more for people in my life that are no longer here than for the person that we are there for. Then I feel bad that I'm crying for someone else but I try to rationalize it with the idea that it's similar to my reaction at weddings. I get all mushy inside not just for that people getting married but for Mr. Husband and me. Kinda like that but with tears and snot.
The death of this teacher also leaves me with questions about my assignment for next year. Right now I am scheduled to be the lead teacher for Kindergarten. The teacher that just died was the lead teacher in First grade. With all of the staff assignment changes, the teachers that will be in first grade next year will all just have completed their first year of teaching. I also do not see any of them as good candidates for team leader at this time. I am wondering if she will ask me to move back to first grade to be team lead. I'm thinking that it would be better suited to move a different teacher back to first but I hate having things up in the air. I am mentally preparing for this upcoming year and would like to know what I am preparing for. At least to the point that I can prepare. Of course this isn't a subject that you bring up the day after someone dies.
We had family movie night to night. We watched the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The new one for you hard core fans out there. I really wanted to see that one because I knew that it would bring me some peace with the recent thoughts of all of our mortality. It seems to answer some mystical questions for me but they are all answers to questions that I do not know.
The other thing I wanted to watch was Monty Pythons Meaning of Life. Their is one song in that movie that has stuck with me from the moment that I saw it. Especially just one line.
how amazingly unlikely is your birth."
So for you, please enjoy.
3 comments:
"Cause there's bugger down here on Earth"
I watched that clip of Python for YOU. You know how I feel about British comedy. *shudders* But I did enjoy that clip and will mentiont hat Ihave actuallys een that before. I remember liking it. Plaese note that the World will distruct in 5...4...3...2...1..
Happy Birthday late to #1 son!
Post a Comment