On the mend
I've slowly been feeling better. Getting closer and closer to what is normal for me. I'm not sleeping 10 hours a night and struggling to wake in the morning.
I kept busy this weekend. Finally started the garden. Nana and I worked on it for over an hour and have about 1/5 of the dirt turned and cleared for grass. I wasn't that tired when we stopped but I was burning. I had applied spf 50 to the children and myself and Little Girl and I both managed to come out with some major pink spots. Luckily pink is her favorite color. I plan on stopping after work a few times this week to keep working the soil. I did start the seeds in the peat pots.
Made some major headway towards getting everything clean at home. It hasn't been clean since before I was sick. It's been passable at times but not clean. I took the vacuum apart and cleared a large section that was jammed. It's now sucking again. It's wonderful to have a vacuumed floor.
I'm really starting to anticipate summer vacation. I'm thirsty for the time off. I want to be able to read, clean, organize, spend time with the children and explore my surrounding. It seemed that after living here for almost two years, I have to admit that I actually live here. I want to try to find places here that I enjoy. Things here that I enjoy doing that do not consist only of my being inside my own apartment.
I also want to start working on some more things on my 40 by 40. I have so far accomplished to things. I have found shoes that are both comfortable and appropriate for work and I have dyed my hair purple. I am very excited to have done something on my list but need to start a game plan on how to do more.
Yes, I did say that I had dyed my hair purple. It was the strangest color that you could buy at the grocery store. Only it was supposed to be more of a red color with a kick and my hair really took to it and came out much more purple than the box advertised. Which did work well in this case.
My hair is red again. I was so tired of hearing people complain about it that I used a product to take the color out and have my natural color in again. The biggest complainer was Middle Child and it's really hard to ignore someone so cute. So it's red again.
My sister has still not had the baby. She is scheduled for induction on Friday. The same day that I am scheduled to fly to her town to see the birth of the baby. No one has taken seriously my suggestion that they postpone the induction till Saturday morning when I could be there. I am grateful that I will get to see him but again will miss the birth. I may never get to see a live birth.
People have reminded me that I have been present for several births. First my own, don't remember, then #1 Son, emergency c-section after prolapsed cord and the twins, scheduled c-section. I have attended all of those births but my role in each one was different that spectator, coach or cameraman. I merely laid around at the others.
My thought are very random at this time. In case you didn't notice.
1 comment:
I love your sister, but I have no interest in watching a live birth. I just don't understand that. Mom and I are planning a road trip to see her and the baby but it probably won't be until May. Too bad you won't be there when we do our road trip but like I said, I'm hoping to make it to see you this summer. Hope all is well - ps I like purple hair. I want to die mine blue or repeirce my eyebrow. See I too have random thoughts.
Post a Comment