Monday, March 10, 2008

My face hurts

I'm home and sick with the flu.

This very much sucks!!!

It all started Friday morning. I woke up and felt a little congested. I figured that it was probably just a touch of allergies since I seem to be allergic to this entire state. I felt a ton better after my morning shower but seemed to just slip further and further into a cold of some sort throughout the day. I was sitting on the couch at 7pm with a slight fever, runny nose, head congestion and general yuckiness. I was done.

Today is the first day that I'm able to walk around without falling over but it's still an adventure. I've been on great trips to the couch, nothing on TV and I've also made it to the kitchen, still no ice cream.

I just got a fantastic call from someone wanting to offer me and my family a vacation to a tourist site less than an hour from home. The guy on the phone was very kind and seemed amused when I thanked him for calling because I am bored out of my mine.

You may be wondering why, if I'm so very bored, I did not call you to talk. The reason is simple. I can only actually talk out loud for about 4 minutes before I become so out of breath that I slip into a coma of sorts. See I am a mouth breather now and it's difficult to have a phone conversation and be a mouth breather.

I also can not engage in internet conversations on chat because it seems that the keys are now located in strange places and typing can be very difficult. I've actually been typing this message for a last few hours and this is all I've been able to manage between the fogginess of my brain hemispheres.

Which I have learned something interesting about, my brain hemispheres that is. I only have a fever in my left ear. My temperature is a normal 97.3 degrees on the right side but just over 100 on the left. (97.3 is my base temperature.) Strange, I know but I've been experimenting with it all day and it is just that way.

Which leads me to another thing that bothers me, what is a temperature? Like if you have a temp of 99.8, is that really so much better than 100? I've been told that I don't really have a temp if it's only 100, which is silly because of course I HAVE a temp or it would register 0 and what people mean is a fever but my body temperature is a good 1.5 degrees below normal so shouldn't I run into a fever at 1.5 degrees lower?

I'm sure none of this is making sense. I'd go back and read it but my eyeballs hurt too much to do so.

So here our some other random facts about me that I hope I don't regret posting later when I am not sick:

-The keyboard I am typing in had two languages written on it. Cyrillic in white letters and English in dark red on black keys.

-My one white hair has fallen out but I have been told there are more up there. I'm just to short to see them. I contemplated taking a picture of the top of my head but it seemed a little obsessive. And the camera was in another room.

-I am hungry and I probably won't eat right now. They food is WAY over there and I'm WAY over here. Please I want donuts.

-I am wearing knee high socks. They are black and orange stripe and I look like a witch. Only they are a little too long and I have to fold the tops down so they don't go half way over my knee caps.

-My feet are still cold and I've considered putting on another pair of socks but stopped because it would look funny to have small socks on top of such long socks and I'm too lazy to take these off, put a pair of small socks on and put these back on. I'll just have cold feet.

-My left eye is tearing. I have had a tear fall out of the left eye at random intervals for over the past 24 hours. It looks like I'm crying. I'm not.

-I have now taken to sleeping with a tissue stuffed up my nose so it doesn't drip on my pillow. This also helps catch drool since I am a mouth breather now.

-I can hear air bubbles in my ears move when I move my head about. It's weird but I find it amusing.

-Burping hurts my ears. So I hold my burps until they are giant.

-Coughing makes my left ear hurt but has no effect on the right side.

-I put a bra on today, not out of fashion rules but to keep my boobs warm. They are now too warm but I'm too lazy to try to wrestle it over my head.

-I parted my hair on the wrong side of my head for something different and it's making me crazy. I may go shower again just so I can put it right.

3 comments:

ms.izzi said...

I agree with you on the fever thing. I run around 97.6 normally so when my temp is around 100 I also feel like crap. I hope you feel better.. that was just my 1.5 cents on the topic.

-tracie. said...

Hope you're better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you better yet?