I'm sick but no longer alone.
I'm staying home tomorrow. This will be the third day of work this week. I'm not looking forward to returning and having to yell at most of my students for being rotten.
Most of the congestion is gone. I"m no longer a mouth breather but I do make very gross noises when I breath and have been swallowing some really gross stuff that I can't seem to blow out. I might be able to work tomorrow but I still can't stand up without the whole world spinning and I'm not sure that I could drive.
I'm at that stage that I've seen many people get with drinking. They have had too much to drink and they are discussing driving. They keep making excuses about how they will probably be fine. The point is always the same, if you have to put that much thought into your excuse about how you probably would be fine, you're so NOT fine.
#1 Son came home from school today and started his homework almost right away. When he was finished he crawled in his bed, without telling anyone, and went to sleep. Six year olds just do not do that.
I woke him up for dinner and he felt warm. Temperature of 102 point something. He says that he doesn't want Hamburger Helper. I talk him into a few crackers and some Gatorade. He eats two crackers, has a few sips of Gatorade and vomits everything that he has just eaten. I was soooooo glad that I still can't smell anything. Hamburger Helper doesn't look so good after you've just cleaned up vomit.
#1 Son had a nice bath and was feeling "better." He didn't want to eat anything and I can't say that I'm going to make him try tonight. He went back to bed. We have already called his school and told him that he will not be there tomorrow.
So far the twinnies show no signs of illness. I'm not really holding out hope but I am crossing my toes about this. Please cross something for me.
I'm off to blow my nose until it bleeds again. Oh, I didn't tell you that fun? I guess that is what happens when you go through an entire box of tissues in the time that I have. Thank God they are the kind with lotion or I'd be bleeding on the outside and on the inside of my nose.
I'm off.
No comments:
Post a Comment