Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Let them eat carbs

I was given to OK to have a serving of starch each day. My doctor recommended pasta. It's supposed to be the most easily burned up by the body. I have to say that I'm still a little scared. I've lost 40 pounds by not eating them. I know that I'm not going to magically gain 40 pounds overnight from a serving of pasta but it's strange to eat it.

She gave me the OK last Wednesday but I wasn't brave enough to try it until tonight. The biggest reason I really ate them was because so many people at work are giving me a hard time about how I'm feeling because I'm eating so few carbs and that they are in the form of fruits and veggies.

So far I haven't gained any weight since dinner. So that's almost 4 hours without putting all of the weight back on. :)

I'm still tired but we will see if there is any real change tomorrow. Today was an adventure. I thought that I was actually going to have to throw up this morning. I couldn't stop coughing because my throat was dry and then it was making me gag from coughing. I was also dizzy and forgetful today again. FUN!

I had my blood work yesterday which was a grand adventure in itself. The woman did a terrible job getting blood out of me. She had to collect three vials and actually could only be about 1 1/2. So she took the tops off of them and poured some into the one that was almost entirely empty. Then she almost forgot to put my name on them. Luckily she found her sharpie and wrote my name on it. She had to sound out my last name. (For you that do not know it, it's short and easy and my first graders and figure it out on their own.)

She left a big bruise and I have a hematomia. I swear, this is not the year of me. It's the year of the hematoma. Luckily I know all about them know and had an ice pack on it yesterday and have been doing warm compresses today. Nothing saying, "I'm a professional teacher" like a warm compress on needle marks.

Did I mention that I got a new student today and his mother came in while I had a compress on my needle bruise? No?? I'm shocked. How could I have forgotten that?

Now we just have to wait for results. I'm interested to see if anything is out of whack. A few other teachers are not feeling so well and I'm hoping that this is just some virus but time and blood work will tell.

No comments: