#1 son can ride his bike
I have always hated training wheels. I believe that they make it harder for a child to learn how to ride a bike. When #1 son got his first real bike, it had the dreaded wheels on. He loved them and honestly wasn't ready for the idea that he could ride a bike without training wheels.
For the last week, Mr. Husband and I have been talking with him about taking the training wheels off. We've told the same stories over and over again of how we learned to ride our bike.
Almost every story about learning to ride a bike is the same. A parent holds the seat for you, runs along side you, they let go, you don't notice at first, you suddenly notice, you freak out and you fall over. Some minor details are changed but it's almost always the same.
#1 rode his bike with me holding the seat, than with one hand on his back and then he was gone. He went all of 20 feet before he freaked out and feel over. He was upset but he knew that he had to get back on. He rode for over 45 minutes tonight.
Mr. Husband was at work while all of this happened. I'm sorry that he missed it but I'm really glad that I could be there. I miss so many things like the first day of school and I really didn't think that he would catch on so fast. Mr. Husband parked his car and #1 son rode up on his bike. He had a giant smile and gave #1 a big hug.
3 comments:
Way to go #1!!!!! I'm super proud of you!!!kisses and hugs!!
Rock on #1! You are growing up so fast!!! hugs and kisses from your new york mommy and best friend.
madame dragonfly
Go speed racer Go!
Post a Comment