Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting ready for the year and playing around

This weekend I took more time for me. I know that I wrote that last time but I wanted to share a few pictures of those results.

I wrote a letter to welcome my students to first grade and glued it to poster board. Here they are all fanned out. Wouldn't you guess that I'm a very crafty teacher? You would have no idea that I had spent over an hour in the looking at paper products alone. Muttering to myself the whole time.

Ohhhhh, they look pretty.


**Edited: Picture removed because too much personal information was included. Sorry.

I also spent time making some jewelry for myself. I took a jewelry class in the past and loved it. I love to create new things and I love that this can be done in a short amount of time. In Seattle, I was given two beautiful lanyards and wanted to make my own.

Then I totally got carried away, in typical Danielle style, and decided that I needed a matching bracelet and earrings. Won't it look like I'm a really fashionable and put together person. Wow, she might have to wear a lanyard but she matches her accessories.

The picture came out a little dark against the wood stain but you get the idea.


A photo of the beads up close. This is a little washed out but looks cool.



Of course, I couldn't stop with just one. I had to make a second set and would could be more wonderful than vomit green and baby shit brown????

Can you guess how much Mr. Husband just loves the color schemes? I kept asking him what he thought and he was trying not to answer honestly because he hates these colors but knows that I like them and didn't want to hurt my feelings. Then it was more just a game for me to try to bug him and ask him questions that only a woman would ask, like do these earring make my earlobes look fat? I'm like that sometimes.

The earrings!!! I know that you are jealous.



I know you all stopped and said, "Wow, she's looking much thinner already! I can't believe how hot she's looking in that lanyard!"

You are all so right. I know.

So I'm willing to sell my wonderful designs. Just tell me what colors you want and I'll put something together. I can make necklaces, lanyards, earrings and bracelet. I'll only charge you $30 for the set. You can get a 10% discount if you mention my blog.

3 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

You are so friggin' cute! I knew there was a reason other than your coolness that your are my PLP. I love your jewelry. You found some really nice stuff! Are those the beads you found while we were on the phone?

Mixed Up Me said...

First Grade, my favorite grade to teach!!! I hope you have a fabulous school year. I love the welcome letters.

burnurcomputer said...

Dude you SOOOOO ripped me off! Just kidding! I love them very much you crafty girl! I am glad that the invites are done and that you have super colored cardstock to back them up. You DO look thinner stinky! I am gonna need some of what you got after I have these here babies! I love you veru much and I miss you. At least I get to see my other sister this week!