Saturday, July 28, 2007

No pain, no gain!

I got my test results back for the doctor. My cholesterol is still high but not nearly as high as it was when I gave blood. The blood bank had it marked at 340. My blood test said 250 or something like that. High, definitly but not as high as we first thought. The plan for now is to not start meds for but to continue with the diet and exercise plan and check it again in a month.

The kids and I oatmeal for breakfast today. I ate all of mine and they did a good job to trying it. Right now they will try just about anything if you tell them that it's healthy. I also told that they had to eat oatmeal if they were going to go to the gym today, which they've been begging to do for days now.

So, the whole family went to the gym together today. Mr. Husband was on the treadmill for an hour. I got to walk on it for about 25 minutes but for 10 of those minutes I had at least one 2 year old in front of me. Sometimes two of those little people. I also lifted some weights and worked my inner thighs. #1 Son loves to go to they gym. He loves to lift weights and walk on the treadmill. Middle Child likes to ride on his motorcycle. (That's a stationary bike to you and me.)

We came home and had lunch. I had a double vegi burger supreme with fat free cheese on a dark wheat bun and the kids had mac and cheese with turkey dogs. Right now Mr. Husband is in the husband making a tofu stir fry with my favorite Japanese vegetable blend.

We were eating like this in Seattle before we started to prepare for the move. It was tasty and healthy food and helped with the weigh lose. We are both trying to get back in the swing of things because we both know that we will need to eat this way for the rest of our lives and not just while we are on a "diet."

Before you get too excited for us, you should know that we also have a chocolate ice cream in the freezer and I plan on having a bowl of that tonight. Topped with fat free, low calorie whip cream. Yum!

No comments: