Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mr. Husband to the rescue!

I had a rough day with the kids. One of those really rough days where you want to cry and have a fit just like they are having only you can't because you are the adult.

It's been raining here a lot, which is a good thing since we are in the middle of a drought but a bad thing if you have three children that have a physical need to move, jump and climb. I looked out the window this morning and was happy to see that it was sunny. I turned on the news and the weather forecast was for storms for the next 48 hours. We had about 30 minutes until the first storm was supposed to hit.

I rounded up the kids, got them dressed and took the bikes outside. They whined and complained the whole time. It was worse than when I tell them to clean their rooms. The twins legs are still a little short for their bikes but they are fine when they get them going. They would not make them go today but they did want to sit on them and have me push them around. It was very frustrating and I just gave up.

Let's just say that the kids watched a lot of TV today. They have started this strange habit of turning the TV off when they are done watching their favorite show. They just turn it off and go play. That is honestly not a problem, I've just never known kids that have done that. Ever. Today they were content to be rude to each other and watch the same Hot Wheels move a couple times. I just tried to ignore them and clean around them.

I had really had enough by the end of the day. Mr. Husband took one look at me, just as he walked in the door from work, and he sent me to my room to lay down until dinner was ready. He cleaned the kitchen, had the kids clean their crap off the floor and didn't let me come out until the twins were sitting at the table with their food. I can hear him emptying the dishwasher now.

I really needed that today. Someone to come in and send me to my room. Away from everything else that I'm "supposed" to be doing and to just have a chance to lay down and close my eyes.

It's 9:00 and I'm exhausted after today but emotionally feeling better than I did all day.

2 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Some day you will look back at this blog entry and get even more joy and peace out of it than your actual experience. He was in tune with you and that...is cool.

-tracie. said...

Hugs to Mr. Husband!

Just wanted to say thanks for your blog ages ago when you bought, I think it was a car seat? Remember it wouldn't fit in your car so you had to take it out of the box? Well, we bought a mini-fridge last night and it would not fit. We tried at least 8 times, we even had a manager there. Then I remembered your blog and decided we should try it out of the box. Eureka! It fits and now is fully stocked with soda and such. Hugs to you!!!