Back at home and reading
Back at home. Tommy is visiting so I'm sure that we will be very busy in the next week. We really have had a good vacation. My mom visiting, going to her house and seeing family and friends and now Tommy here.
I've been reading up a storm. I'm sure that you are aware that the new Harry Potter book will be coming out soon. This is the last book in the series and I have decided that I should read the first six books to get ready for it. Sounds little daunting but I just finished the fourth one and I won't let myself read the next one until tomorrow. Have to sleep some time.
I've cut myself off from the outside world. I haven't been reading the news and I'm not sure whats going on out there. I want to start knowing more but I am afraid to find out. Scary stuff. At least with the Harry Potter scary stuff it's not real and ends when I put the book down. The real world doesn't work that way. I'll think I'll hide in my books a little while longer.
We had a great storm tonight. Lots of lightening and pounding thunder. The kids were sitting in front of the couch watching some Danger Mouse and eating popcorn. Mr. Husband and Tommy were eating pizza with gross little fish as toppings and I was reading while sitting on the couch. I'd glance up occasionally to check the TV or watch the lightening. I looked up at the perfect time and saw a giant red flash. I still don't know what it was. #1 Son saw it also or I might believe that it's a trick of the eyes. It looked like lightening. Beautiful.
6 comments:
1. Harry Potter is reality veiled in children's fiction
2. Lightening storms kick ass
3. This is the year of you, remember? Do what makes YOU feel like a happy and health monster.
I'm listening to the fifth Potter now so I'm ready for the movie. The reader is fantastic, but it's 23 hours. Still, less time than it would take for me to read it and I can do other stuff at the same time. I love it! I can't believe how much of it I had forgotten and how much is left out of the movies. Glad you had a nice vaca. How is your mom feeling?
Just wanted to let you know that I hit the refresh button because I just knew it would work and I would get an update on your world.
Well... It's good I'm not a betting person or holding my breath.
Just wanted to let you know that I hit the refresh button because I just knew it would work and I would get an update on your world.
Well... It's good I'm not a betting person or holding my breath.
Mom is doing well. She hates when we leave but her health is doing OK.
I don't think that I could do 23 hours of listening to it. I can read so much faster that that.
I'm almost 500 pages into the fifth book and have barely read today at all.
I agree about so much detail that I forgot and is left out of the book. I have a totally different understanding of many of the character going back this time.
I seem to get the newest book and obsorb it in a day. Then is sits on the shelf until something like this happens.
I'm glad I'm going back and reading them again.
I met someone who lived in Bellefonte today at the muesum. Small world.
How are wedding plans going?
No money, so no plans. My love starts the grown-up job soon and finishes the Masters Degree. Then we start paying back all our loans. Blah, blah, blah.
Glad your mom is doing better.
Hugs to everyone!!!
Post a Comment