Friday, April 13, 2007

to sleep

I have always valued my sleep. I need to have nine hours a night or I do not function well. This has been interrupted at times like when I had newborn twins but I have always gotten back to my nine hours.

I have said before that I am one of those annoying morning people. I believe that the root of this disease is the fact that I do get my sleep.

This week I have not been a morning person. This week I have not been getting my nine hours a night. I have also not been able to nap because of work and I am so tired.

I would like to blame this on something else. I would like to have some really good reason why I have not been getting my sleep. The simple fact is that I've been going to bed too late. Most nights I've been playing on the computer until 10 pm and then talking to Mr. Husband for another 30 minutes and only then starting to get ready for bed at that time. It's my fault.

I just hate the fact that I MUST go to sleep between 8:30 and 9:00 to get the minimum sleep that I need. It somehow seems unfair that I have to go to bed so early. It's because of my job but really, I teach third grade. I shouldn't have to go to bed so early.

I have to get out of this mindset but it is hard. Especially when one is so sleepy.

2 comments:

-tracie. said...

I am so with you! You know that commercial, I think it's for McD's coffee, where the guy's like "I'm gonna take the stairs!" I giggle everytime I see it b/c that is so me! But by 2PM I'm ready for my nappy. =)

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

funny that we should both be so tired but have such different sleeping issues. Enjoy it. You won't always sleep this well. Hell, maybe you will.