Playing with my Template...What do you think?
It's not often that I ask you for your opinion but I want to hear it now. What do you think? What do you like? What should I change?
*****************************************
I had a great day with my kids at school today. I was really relaxed. At the end of the day I was trying to figure out what was different. This is what I came up with.
-I was meaner.
-One of my more "boisterous" students were absent
-The one student that drives me insane by simply breathing was in time out in another teachers classroom for almost the whole day
-I didn't teach my kids for the last half of the day. I taught science class to two of the other third grades.
-I was meaner. (I know I wrote this before but still.)
I'm going to try and repeat this again tomorrow. Especially the mean part. :)
-I was meaner.
-One of my more "boisterous" students were absent
-The one student that drives me insane by simply breathing was in time out in another teachers classroom for almost the whole day
-I didn't teach my kids for the last half of the day. I taught science class to two of the other third grades.
-I was meaner. (I know I wrote this before but still.)
I'm going to try and repeat this again tomorrow. Especially the mean part. :)
10 comments:
I prefer to think that you were just a bit firmer versus mean. You respected yourself more and set boundaries that you didn't allow to be crossed. In other words, you took back some control and as a result your actions let the aspiring juvenile delinquents know you finally were not taking their fecal matter anymore.
Remember you are the consummate pleaser. How many people continued to receive the "Such a pleasure to have in class" comment class? You come by in fair and square, so consider it one of your best qualities. The difference is as the teacher you set the boundaries necessary for productive growth or controlled chaos.
Only the best that you can be.
Guess what, waking up in the middle of the night has it's advantages, I received my confirmation stamp from Uncle Sam. The commonwealth is still pending. However, with a zero in zero out status, I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. Now I'll try going back to sleep before the alarm tells me to wake up and smell the coffee grinds.
Oh yes, the site. Well this is the second look I've seen this evening / morning.
I loved the green victorian thing from earlier but I really like the banner/color combo portion of this one. It's more you. The motto, magnet, header. It also drives me insane which you already know. The cleaning thing to a marginally ocpd type creates conflicting emotions that have nothing to do with your blog. Thank god I have finally decided to occasionally take vitamins in the X section.
Who are these people up at 3AM? Who actually thinks coherent thoughts at that time? It's 8:30 AM and they still sound very educated. At 3 AM I was blissfully drooling on my pillow (or dog, or my love, whatever was closest to Drool Falls). I love the new background.
what blog award are you nominated for? I can't find you!
My mom's the only one awake at that time. Ever wonder where I got the annoying morning person gene from? :) It's a family trait.
I was nominated in a few catogories. Best Blog about Stuff, Best Blog Ever, Best Parenting Blog, Hottest Mommy Blogger.
They are in order of how many votes you have recieved and than if there are many people with the same amount, in alphabetical order. It is also listed by your URL and not your blog name. Mine happen to be different. Many people buy their own site after awhile. I'm cheap.
You can do a search on their database for Pleasestopcrying (all togetherm, no spaces) and you should be able to find it.
I'm pretty confident that I will not win a single thing. Actually I'd be totally shocked if I did. But it's still nice to be up there with some really great bloggers.
A word for Mom. Sleeping pills. I love you and I'm kinda liking your old layout better. But I also have a hard time throwing out my old tooth brush because we spent sooooo much quaility time together. (not a pack-rat, just feel bad about it) And Tracie, its true Mom can wake up at any hour and make perfect sense. Its anoying when you USED to be a morning person and now can't make a complete sentance untill you have been up for a half hour( and hit snooze a dozen times
hi- just checj=king what the problem with my log in is
Burnurcompter!!! You have a blog on blogger now?!? Is it true? Upgrading form the other site? Or just want you name to appear? Tell please.
It is so I can leave messages at number 1 sons blog. It only takes registered names. I love number one son. And you but, it takes a child to change the world- or to get me to do more on this wretched thing.
Post a Comment