I fear the coming storm
I had bad dreams last night. They were all related to hurricanes. No one in my family was injured in the dreams but they were very stressful. The kid of dream where upon waking you have to reexamine if it were memories of real life that you had just experience or only your brain imagining things for you in your sleep.
I know that part of the reason I dreamed this was because we will most likely be hit by at least one hurricane this year. It was very unusual that we didn't not have a single one last year. I am uncomfortable with hurricanes especially because I have never gone through any. I've always been fearful of tornadoes and I can only imagine a hurricane as a tornado that does not end.
I also know that the dream was not only connected to real life in the obvious way for hurricanes but also about the upheaval in our lives. There are many ways that our lives have settled down and are actually going better than before but there are other places, like my job, where they are still in the air, flying in every direction.
I emailed my resume today. I have an interview on Monday. I'm so excited to have the chance to at least talk to someone else about working somewhere else. I know that I will be thinking about this a lot this weekend because I need to have more story straight. I am applying for a transfer because my school is far from home. This school is only 4 miles from home. I do not want to teach 3rd grade. This school does not have a third grade position open. Only first and second, which I would rather do first but would more than be willing to do second. It is not a Title I school. Therefore I will not be dealing with a majority of students living in poverty and will not have to deal with the grant that is making my life miserable right now.
I think that things will settle down for me when I know what is going to happen. I hate when things are so unpredictable. You would think that I'm used to that feeling by now because our lives have been like that for so long but it's not something that I've ever gotten used to. I don't know that I ever will.
3 comments:
Robin Noonan( Cats Aunt) said that Hurricanes are overated. She said that its like a really bad thunderstorm like we have here. OHHHHH! She lives in your state in a high tourist area that HAD hurricanes last year. Do your 3 day kit and don't worry. Read up on info on what its like and don't be stressed out. A side note on the robbin statement- other people who lived in the area said that it was one of the worst Hurricanes that they had ever been through. She also had small children! And yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviews are super cool!!!!!
Stay focused on the new job. Just keep imagining yourself in a new classroom in a calm and friendly environment. You can do it supermom. This is the year of you!!!
Think of everything you've learned about yourself as a professional from this crappy job and apply those truths to the interview. You'll do fine!!
Post a Comment