Monday, March 19, 2007

Oh Middle Child

Middle Child always wakes up early. Like really freakin early. Remember how I'm one of those annoying early morning people. Middle Child totally crushes me in that department. Man he gets up early. He was up just before 6 am today again. He doesn't seem to get the point of vacation at home.

Middle Child not only wakes up early but insists that everyone else around him wakes up early too. Usually this is a big pain in the butt but today he was saying that his ears hurt.

I feel for the little guy. It totally sucks any time that you are in pain. I think that it's worse when you are little.

I took him to the doctor but she said that things liked fine. I was very happy with this doctor though because she did not dismiss his pain just because she couldn't find the cause. I've had to many experiences in my life where I was told that nothing was wrong because a doctor couldn't figure it out. She said to keep giving him a pain reliever as needed and come back if he gets worse. She will see him on Friday because both of the twins have well baby appointnment then.

Middle Child was extra whinny today. Which is hard to believe because he is so whiny to start out with but this was a different kind of whiny. Usually it's just a few minutes and a kiss and hug can send him on his way to play again. Today was the kid where your kid is sick and there is nothing else that you can do for them. He just wanted me to hold him but not hold him. He wanted to play and not to play. I just tried to keep him busy because that seemed to keep him distracted.

I'm hoping that he feels better tomorrow. It's so hard to watch and you child doesn't feel well.

And it's really tiring to be a mom then too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry ttha Middle Child neeeds me to hug him and make him better, but I can't because I'm so far away. But isn't it cool that he can tell you what is wrong? Instead of the mile long checklist of "what the hell could it be?". I think that he wants to see you in a bunny costume!!!!!!!!!!!! Give him, and the other 2 MAJOR snuggles for me!!!!!!!

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

I am so glad middle child doesn't have an ear infection! Does he have allergies?

-tracie. said...

Danielle - WE GOT OUR RINGS!!!! Picked 'em up yesterday and went to Alberts to celebrate. Had a 501 for you. Wish you were here! (or me there) We'd be the nerdy librarian friends! We could do DDR together and giggle. =) Enjoy your vaca!