Love Thurday
This Love Thursday is dedicated to telephones and all of the ways they help our lives.
I had a hard day at work. I went in and my computer isn't allowing me to check my work based e-mail. This is not good. I use that to check in every morning. I use it to get, I won't say important but messaged from my coworkers. It's expected that I check it at least three times a day.
I went to my teaching partners computer and checked in for the day and looked to see if I had any messages. I was very lucky to have a letter from a parent that was very angry at me and is threatening to go to the school board. I was thrilled. I called the parent on the telephone and we talked about meeting in person but now that I think about it, I'm not sure when we are going to do this. She wanted to come and talk to me during class but I said NO because there would be children in the room and I had a meeting after work. I have to leave right after work tomorrow because we are going back to the DMV to register the cars and next week we have vacation. It was pleasant to speak to her on the phone.
I tried to tell my boss about this just in case the parent wanted to tell my boss first but my boss was busy on the phone with a mother that was threatening to call the police on another boy in her son's class. It didn't seem like a good time to interrupt the boss.
My boss called my in my classroom telephone. She wanted to inform me that she would be coming by at 11:00 today to tell me all the ways that my room is not set up correctly. I was thrilled about this call. (She later canceled this because she was busy telling another teacher what was wrong with her room.)
My kids did a great job writing today and I let them write their poems on the sidewalk using sidewalk chalk. One student wrote about puppies. One student wrote about apple pie. One student wrote about Jesus. The kids did a great job with their writings and were very proud of their work.
I was called on my classroom phone again. My boss wanted me to come visit her. Seems that my boss frowns on writing about Jesus at school. (This from the woman that says the occasional prayer at a staff meeting.) She also has a problem with sidewalk chalk. I'm supposed to know that I need to ask permission before I do something like this in the future. Believe me, I'm not doing something like this in the future. No more letting the kids write about whatever they want. Puppies are fine. Apple pies are fine. Jesus is not. Sidewalks and chalk are not.
I finished my meeting and used my cell phone to tell Mr. Husband that I would never be coming home again because I had to clean my already clean classroom. I know that I am not the best housekeeper. I'm the first to admit that but my classroom is clean. Last year Kim cleaned my room and I like it clean now. I clean it everyday. Now don't get me wrong. I hate to dust it and I do not mop (although it needs it terribly.) My classroom is not cluttered, messy or unpleasant. It's welcoming to children and has many places to sit and work. I used the telephone to let Mr. Husband know about my day and that I'd need to stay very late tonight.
My phone rang after awhile and I was able to talk to my mother. We talked about how much I hate my job and why. We talked about bowling and my nephews upcoming birthday party. We talked about tye-dye and the Easter bunny. It was a nice conversation and thanks to speaker phone, I was able to work while we talked.
I decided to leave work at 6:00 because, well because it's 6:00 and they stopped paying me at 3:05. I was in the car and I decided that I needed to talk to someone in my family. Someone that I haven't talked to in awhile. I called my Godfather.
I told The Godfather all about my day and how much of a poopy place it is. I told him how Mr. Husband is still sick and Little Girl has a fever and how I'm a bad parent and do not have a working thermometer at home. I told him about how much I love my new "home" and how much I love living in the south and how much I love the weather here. I asked when he was going to come and visit.
The Godfather told me how my Aunt is sick. (The Godfather is also one of my uncles.) He told me how tonight is his last hockey game for the season and how he was making dinner and how my Godsons were coloring and sharpening pencils while the Godfather made dinner and talked to me on the phone. (Yes, I'm my cousins Godmother.) (Oh, I told him about the blog so if he's reading now he should know that I'm not writing about him because I told him about the blog. He just lucked out.) We talked for awhile and then we both had to go, back to our days and back to our families.
The telephone effects our lives in so many ways. It did help deliver some very frustrating news but it also allowed me to stay in touch with people that I love. Without the telephone, I would not have been able to do that. Hopefully it will help bring you a little closer to the ones that you love. If not you can always just give me a call.
2 comments:
I'm glad that the Godfather is feeling okay. There is a big time flu-like virus going around. Today number 2 son went back to school, but Mom thinks that he's probally not over it yet because he started coughing. Number one is coughing also, but hasn't had the awful fever that Nimber 2 had. Mr. husband is feeling sick and I hope that he feels better so he can go skiing this weekend. His chest hurts and he feels like its in his lungs( sound familiar?!?), but he doesn't have a fever either. We tried to go bowling tonight, but the lanes were full because of leagues. Number 1 is getting a bowling ball for his birthday( The Grim adventues of Billy and Mandy). I don't lie this show or let him watch it here but he watches it at other family members houses. He will be stoked!!!!! I'm doing my laundry for tommorow and won't be home this weekend. i'm going to Washington to watch Cheerleading Nationals with Krista and will be supporting the Central Spirit! Go break-away team for Manheim!!!!!! If you want to call me, call mt cell. I will try to call you this weekend and catch up. Love you Manyella!
We talk all the time. I think I will be calling you this next week while I am in NYC. :)
Post a Comment