I'm da bomb
Today was one of those really great and driving me crazy at the same time kind of days. The kids were driving me insane all day. I wanted to read and they did not like this idea. I wanted to make a sock monster and they did not. Mostly I wanted to do stuff that didn't involve three children being on top of me with their very pointy elbows in all of my sqwishy places and they wanted to take turns crying in my face and pulling my glasses off of my face.
Yes, my glasses are here. That was one of the good things that happened today. They called while I was at work and I went to pick them up before dinner. It was so awesome to finally have them. I always forget the ones that I pick because when you are at the store picking them out in the first place there are so many to choose from and I try on about 100 of them and than finally pick just one and I can never remember which ones I picked. I still like them although they have shown things that I havne't been able to see in detail lately like how fat I've gotten or the fact that my unibrow is growing back.
The other really great thing that happened today was my new friend, sock monster. I worked hard on this little guy today and I'm mostly happy with the outcome. #1 Son and Mr. Husband say that his name is Rex. I'm not against that name, I'm just not sure that is what his name is supposed to be.
Rex is made from just one of my mismatched socks and a couple of buttons off of an old pair of pajamas that I never wear anymore. I wanted to fill him with fiberfill but I didn't have any and didn't feel like going to the store to get any. I used a small bag of rice to make him. The rice really worked out well because now I can pose him a little. He can sit up and just stare at you with his big button eyes.
I'm going to make a few more monsters this weekend. I'll probably use the same design but I'm not going to use socks next time, just some soft fabric. Maybe some fleece and definitly fiberfill this time. They will be the snuggle versions of Rex.
I know that you wish that you were me!
4 comments:
Mom thought that number 2 son looks not like himself. I think that he looks like Tommy. I love Rex and want one for myself! I can't get rid of my mismatched socks because as soon as I do I find the other one despite having looked for it at least 20 other times! Rex rules! I bet Donna wants one for herself. She can hide under the bed and hide from the 3 little people that are at your house. I am tird. My house is a sty. I love you. Good bye for now!
Can Rex come live with me for a while? Or maybe I just need to clone him.
This nerdy librarian approves of your neryd librarian look. Not as nerdy as mine, but I nod approval in your general direction. =)
My other half said No. 2 looks like Tommy and she didn't even read the comments. btw, rings may be done next week. woo-hoo!!!
Post a Comment