Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pizza for dessert

I try to be one of those super cool moms that does really cool stuff and my kids will love me for it and not be total brats that boss me around and destroy stuff. So far they are not brats and mostly do not destroy stuff. Little Girl is turning into quite a bossing little thing but I don't listen to her anyway.

I want my kids to remember the cool stuff that I did to make life a little more magical. I want them to remember the time that we went down to the pond and watched the fish jump for insects and we talked about the universe, gravity and everything between. I want them to remember how we Tye-dyed shirts and everything else that was white and lived in a rainbow. I want them to remember having dinner together every night and talking about our day. I want them to remember the music that we created and the way that we danced to it. I want them to remember Pizza for desert.


Gotta love the goofy face!!


A woman at school had a cookbook of recipes for children. One of the pictures was of a pizza for dessert. It looked like a delicious pizza that was actually a cake. I tried to recreate it today but ran into a few small problems.

The icing never got red. It just got darker pink. I used a whole bottle of food coloring and this is what I got. The "cheese" is shredded white chocolate. I didn't want to buy a large block of white chocolate that we would only ever use for this so I bought Hershey's Cookie and Cream bars. They are white chocolate with black cookie specks of the Oreo type variety. They didn't shred well and it looked more gray than white. I used the fruit roll ups that we had at home but they came with tongue tattoos and are dark at spots for that reason.

If you squeezed your eyes almost shut it looked like a pizza. It did taste great. I make a mean cake from a box when I use my pink Kitchen Aid mixer.

The kids didn't care that it wasn't perfect. They kept yelling, "Pizza Cake!"Hopefully that is the part that they will remember. That mom is cool and makes Pizza Cake. Not the part where I was mean and didn't let Middle Child have any because he didn't eat his dinner.

3 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Pizza cake! Pizza cake! Pizza cake!

Anonymous said...

i think that's very cool. i bet your kids loved that pizza, no matter if the icing was pink or not! i have a cool recipie for a brownie pizza which is very tasty of you'll like to try that. just email me and let me know.
as far as your kids hinking your a cool mom...i'm sure they do. you seem like a great and inteletual woman who gets your kids to think about the world around them. god bless.

Anonymous said...

I would love the recipe. Could you post it here in comments?