Saturday, November 18, 2006

Shepard's pie and rocky baby

I've had a wonderful evening. Mr. Husband made Shepard's pie for dinner. I know that it's not the most healthy of combinations but I really needed it. The cold I have isn't getting better and I really needed some comfort food.

I also spent part of the evening sitting on the porch with the twins in my lap. It's finally cooled off here enough that we had to have a blanket on our laps when we were out there. The twins sat on my lap, cuddled under the blankie and we rocked. I sang sweat nothings about my rocky babies and they honked each others noses and giggled. I love that warm feeling, both inside and out when they are that close. The smell of them in my nostrils is the sweetest of fragrances.

2 comments:

Erin~Leigh said...

that is so sweet, hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, the only problem is the rocking chair isn't big enough to hold four. Oh, and I was a few states away.