Sunday, November 19, 2006

Pity me...Ok, not really but just pretend.

My cold is no better. It's no worse either but no better. The cut on the inside of my nose has not healed because every time I blow my nose it opens back up again. I keep wondering how people can have their noses pierced.

I'm also starting to have pain in my feet. It's really weird. I had broken the baby toe on my right foot a little over a year ago. I kinda stubbed it really hard on the side of my super sturdy vacuum. The toe never had a chance. Because it was the baby toe, there wasn't much that they actually do to help it. Just tape it to the other toes until it gets better. This isn't the part of my foot that is bothering me but the pain is very similar.

At first it was only a shooting pain down the bone of one of the toes on my left foot. It felt like it was broken but I could not figure out how I could have broken my toe without noticing. I definitely noticed the last time I broke one. This evening I started getting a similar pain in my right foot as well. My sister is a nurse and she says that it's probably from the shoes that I am wearing. I switched to the most comfortable pair in the world but they are probably what is causing stress on my feet. I'm sad about my shoes but I also don't want to be in pain.

I'm going to bed now. I need to rest my aching head but wake up with only one nostril working. Then when I get up my feet can hurt. Boo Hoo. At least I only have to work two days this week. That thought always makes me smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkey Dinner, Turkey Dinner -gather round,gather round. Who will get the drumstick-yummy,yummy, drumstick?All sit down, all sit down!

Cornbread muffins, cheastnut stuffing, pudding pie- 1 foot high! Who will get the drumstick,yummy ,yummy drumstick? All sit down. All sit down!

Anonymous said...

My suggestion would be to gargle with warm salt water several times a day. Yes, you can do this at school and gross the kids out. You may even be able to turn it into a science lesson. Drink some green tea and have Husband make chicken corn soup. When your feeling better, go to the mall and buy some new shoes.
Love,
the comment challenged.

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

you can still get sick in that kind of weather? Just kidding. I hope you are functioning by Wednesday for the festivities.