Saturday, November 04, 2006

Craziness

Well, the last two days have been crazy for me. We had a special day at my elementary school. All students that did well on the behavior part of their report card were able to go to a special picnic. I was one of the teachers that got to go with them.

One of my students just happened to stand on an ant hill and was bitten be several dozen ants. It was so bad that I had him take off his pants and shoes in public. While I was helping him I was bitten by just one ant.

I've never been bitten by an ant before so I didn't know what my reaction would be. I know that I'm allergic to some bugs and definitely bees and wasps but now I definitely know that I'm allergic to ants as well.

My student was fine. They cleaned off his shoes and pants and he came back out to play. I didn't do as well. I had to leave class.

I had planned on calmly driving myself home. Calmly stopping to buy the miracle drug Benedryl on the way and then calmly going to sleep for 12 hours. This was not to be.

I got all the way to my car when I noticed that I couldn't find my wallet and I couldn't find my keys. Now I actually had the car running which would mean that the keys were in the ignition. I thought that maybe it would be a little silly to drive home in this state so I went back to the nurses office.

They had to call my Mother-In-Law to come and get me. She had to pack up the twins, pick #1 Son up early from school, go to the store and buy my medicine and then drive to my ghetto school. It must have been an adventure for her.

I just got to sit quietly in the nurse's office. I decided that I would at least take a nap while I was there but the second I closed my eyes the school nurse started screaming my name because she thought that I had gone into shock. She was standing over me with an Epi pen in her hand. There was no way I wanted to use that Epi pen. I sadly decided to keep my eyes open.

My MIL came and rescued me and I made it home. I feel asleep for 15-16 hours and woke up with a terrible hangover. We went back to my school this morning and rescued my car which thankfully was in the same condition that I had left it in.

It is embarrassing to me that something as a simple ant bite can knock me out and potential end my life. I hate the drama of it, I hate the questions and I hate the look from other adults as if I'm going to drop over dead any second.

Everyone keeps saying that I shouldn't be embarrassed. It's nothing that I did but I still feel that way.

I'm doing pretty well today other than being extra tired. I do know that I will be staying inside the next time that they have that picnic.

Some other things that were crazy
-Middle child falling out of his window. He tried to jump out of his bedroom window but got caught half way. This is why we live on the first floor.
-Baby Girl and Middle Child deciding that they did not want to finish their peas, which they both love. They wanted to have a battle of wills. This means that Mommy and Daddy get very upset and frustrated but win in the end because we are bigger and more stubborn.

Some nice but kinda crazy things
-we went out to eat for breakfast today. Baby Girl decided that she would suddenly be potty trained. She told me that she had to go "poop." I took her to the bathroom and she did. She has never pooped on the potty before. We did the poop dance even though we were in a public place.
-Middle child did not wish to be outdone by his twinny sister so he went both poop and pee on the potty. Again more dancing related to body excrement.
-We vacuumed the whole apartment and Baby girl and Middle child helped. They are always so afraid of the vacuum but today they wanted to push it around. I didn't mind until I got tired of the fact that their legs are so very short. Their leg shortness is only matched by the extreme shortness of their arms. Which are almost as equally short as my patients when it comes to things like this.
-#1 Son assisted both twins and himself in the bath tonight. I didn't have to kill my back to get them clean.

They really did a lot of grow up things today. I think it's time for another baby now. If only I could convince Mr. Husband of that fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I,for one, support the procreation of many more babies. Do you think that it would be unethical to take fertility drugs just so you can have more multiples? I don't think so and am willing to fly to new city just to gice them to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now on a different note..... Do you have your own epi pen? If you don't Manyella you should. Don't be embarassed about being allergic to something! I would rather you be alive and well then dead and proud. You are a big girl...... now get over it! And I can say that because I have a license that says I can as part of patient teaching.

My babies are trying to out do each other when it comes to the potty?!?!?!? BRILLANT!!!! I love that its so cool. Can I buy them big people underware for Christmas, Please!!!!!