Sunday, August 27, 2006

Potty training

Baby Girl went on the potty today. This is the first time that she has done anything like that at all. I have the twinnies sit on the potty before they go in the bath and whenever I have time and they have no pants on.

I was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner and noticed that baby girl farted. Usually she laughs after every fart but she had a definite look of concentration. I asked her if she had to go potty and she shook her head yes. I tried to get her to quickly get there but we didn't make it in time.

We were in front of the potty, when I pulled down her diaper and she had already made a very generous and loose, addition to the diaper. Fine. I told her to sit down. She did. Made a grunting sound and then stood up. Nothing in the potty. Oh well. We just keep trying. We clap but don't get to excited and I walk into her bedroom to get a diaper.

She followed me in the room and in the time that it took for me to reach in a drawer and grab a diaper, she had made a four inch circle of green watery poo. I was a good mom and didn't even scream. I told her to go sit back on the potty. I took some baby wipes, which were in my hands because I was on the way to use them anyway, and started cleaning the carpet.

Mr. Husband brought me the carpet spray that is perfect for just these occasions. After the carpet was back to it's original color and smell, I checked on baby girl. She had just stood up from her potty. Mr. Husband was cleaning out the potty. Baby Girl had made a deposit.

We did the potty dance and made a very big deal about it. I didn't actually think that she would go again but didn't want to chance that she would poo on the carpet. This was a big deal. She was very proud of her accomplishment. I just hope that she doesn't think that she is supposed to go on the carpet first.

No comments: