Convenience store update
I stopped by the store yesterday on the way to work. I pulled up in front of the main window and say that the women was not working at the register. The manager was. I was very worried that I had done something nice that had turned out all wrong.
I almost didn't notice the woman walk right in front of my car. I jumped out and talked to her for a moment. She said that the manager did get her something to sit on. It wasn't a stool but a banquet chair. She had a great day and he was a really sweety to her. She gave me a hug and thanked me for caring.
I was tempted to just get in the car and leave. I didn't need anything in the store that day and felt really stupid talking to the manager when I wasn't purchasing anything. I decided that I needed to talk to him because he had said that if I come in, I would see a stool the next day. He had given his word.
I went in and bought a coffee, took it the counter and he rang up the price. I gave him the money and asked if he remembered me from the day before. He did indeed. (I don't think this is a neighborhood where short, white women yell at people but maybe that happens all the time. I don't know.) I told him that he gave his word and that he was true to it. He laughed at that but it did seem like he was also swelling with pride.
A little positive reinforcement can go a long way.
1 comment:
you fucking dogooder, you! going around making people feeling so good that they are uncomfortable. :)
Miss you.
Post a Comment