Monday, July 10, 2006

Keep your fingers crossed

I talked to the leasing office of the apartment today. We have passed the credit check and they are happy about our income. The only thing standing in our way now is the fact that they have to talk to our last landlord. This could be a problem.

I don't think that she would say anthing bad but you never know with her. She never made repairs to the apartment. We gave her very long lists but it just never happened to help.

We had a leak on the bathroom that was making the wall drip. She had blamed us. She thought that we just didn't close the shower curtain all of the way and that's where the water was coming from. It finally took the hotwater heater to explode (there was a hole in the back where it ripped open) for her to really do anything about it and even after that there where parts of the wall exposed when we left.

There were several times that she hadn't paid the water bill in so long that they had threatened to shut it off. There's nothing more fun then recieving a water shut off notice. It's really great when you have small children and have to wonder if you will also have water. It was never actually shut off but it was still stressful.

The list could go on and on but for the sake of time and the fact that my carpel tunnel has been very bad, I will stop at that.

The only thing that worries me more about what she could say is the fact that they may never be able to get ahold of her. We have had problems contacting at times. We have called a few times in the last few days and she does not answer her phone. I have tried to leave a message but her voice mail has also been filled. What would happen if they couldn't get ahold of her?

I would hate to think of how much money I might have to spend buying an airplane ticket just to facilitate this process. I think that Mike would not be happy about this. It is a lot of money for me to spend just to go yell at someone. I'm hoping that I'm just being paranoid about this. Maybe she has already talked to them. The lady from the apartment will be calling me in minutes and things will be fine. And maybe monkeys might fly out of my butt.

No comments: