Thursday, July 20, 2006

Keep both hands on the wheel at all times.

People in New City do not drive the same way that they did in Old City. In Old City people were so polite. They would let you merge without giving you a problem. They used their turn signal and actual let pedestrians have the right of way. Drivers in New City are insane. They almost never use turn signals, they drive as fast as they can and they are just rude.

I have already started to adapt to the driving. It's almost embarrassing how quickly I'm becoming a native driver. I have noticed that I have started driving rather fast the last few days. Today I was going 80 miles per hour and didn't notice.

I had needed gas and was just getting back on the highway after filling the tank when I noticed that someone was behind me on the on-ramp. This person was very close to my bumper. In fact they were so close that I could not see the grill on the car behind me. I could see the driver very well in the rear view mirror and could tell that a young male was driving. I was already going pretty quickly about 40 mph. I was very tempted to slow way down and be a pain in the behind but I didn't.

I got on the highway and quickly moved over to the left hand lane. I was ready to get home fast. The speed limit on that road in 70 so I wasn't worried about my new speeding habit. I'm in the lane and I'm up to speed very quickly, going along at 80 when I notice the same young fellow behind me again. Now I was going 80 mph. There was not a lot of traffic and the lane beside me was empty. This guy was up the back on my car again.

Now if I was in Old City I would have moved to the right hand lane and let the person pass even if I was going above the speed limit. I might be annoyed by the person but I would still be polite. Not in New City. I just kept driving. He just kept driving very close behind me.

Finally after two-three miles he pulls up beside me and goes the same speed. I ignore him knowing that it's never good when people try to drive right beside you. He does this for another mile or two. I change my speed a little. He changes his. I finally look over and being the super great driver that I am, give him the finger. I smiled and went back to driving. He pulled behind my car again and stayed there for a little while.

I actually started to get nervous when suddenly he pulled up beside me AGAIN. We go through the same thing as before. I slow down. He slows down. I speed up. He speeds up. I finally look over and he gives me the finger and drives off. After he gave me the finger he started going so fast that his car quickly dissapeared into the horizon.

I saddest part was that I didn't upset me. I had fun with it. I don't know which City I enjoy driving in more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Then : "ohhhh,I just LOVE the West coast! Everyone is sooooo laid back! It is SOOOO relaxing!blah,blah,blah"
Me: "I think that you are nuts"

You Now: "I don't know what city I enjoyed driving in more"

You missed it here, but you just had forgotten that you had! Long live the West And East coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer:I am related to this blogger and am intitled by birth to tease her. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested