Sunday, June 25, 2006

saying goodbye, part three

Ok this one was a sad one. Gwen, Gail and Bill came over. They are great friends. They brought pizzas, a birthday cake for Number 1 son and presents for Number 1 son. It was a lot of fun. We went for a walk to Castle park and looked at the view of downtown. It was really beautiful. There were kids playing and people taking their dogs to the park. We even stopped and saw the kittens in the ally. We said goodbye. Mr. Husband and his brother had started packing the pods while we were at the park.

It was sad but I find that I'm basically numb inside right now. I don't feel like I have the time to cry or even think about how I'm saying goodbye. I'm afraid that if I stop to think about it, I will start crying and I just don't have enough time to do that right now. I don't know when I would stop. Maybe next week.

We did get a lot packed. I have the kids room pretty cleaned up and the apartment looks like we have been robbed. Mr. Husband is sitting on the floor watching TV and his brother is sitting on a couch cushion playing with his laptop. The kids are sleeping on mattresses on the floor in their room. Oh the joys of moving.

No comments: