Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Early to bed, Early to rise...

Keeps a man healthy, wealthy and wise. At least that is what Ben Franklin wrote. Not that I believe that he actually did this. Part of the reason that I like him so much is because he didn't really follow much of his own advice.

I'm awake. It's too early to be awake. The sun hasn't come up yet. I shouldn't be awake before the sun gets up. I just shouldn't.

I'm a morning person. It's annoying but true. I can usually just wake up and be refreshed. Roll out of bed and be a happy, down right chipper person that other people like to hit with their coffee mugs. Not today. I'm tired and I can't sleep.

I decided to just get out of bed after I laid there for 30 minutes of pretending to sleep. I do not like pretend sleep. I like real sleep. No, that is not true. I LOVE sleep.

I knew that I was not functional enough to do anything productive like clean or exercise, so I came here. Aren't you lucky!

I was thinking of all the really witty things that I might say, all of which never actually come to fruition but none the less I like to believe that I could write them, when all of the sudden I hear the most dreaded sound. My oldest son waking up.

Now I love this kid. There is no doubt about that but I wanted to have a little time that didn't include children. Just a little.

I know there are stay-at-home mothers out there that would like this also but I am a full-time-work-away-from-the-home variety. Only I choose to torture myself be being a teacher and spending all time away from my children with other people's children. Which means that I am never away from children.

The only break I get from them is when they sleep and that is when I go to sleep.

Well I have to stop complaining for now. It's almost 6:00 and the twins are now crying as well. I might as well go be happy mom. I'll sweep in the room and they will be so happy to see me. I will be showered with kisses and hugs. I will have chickenpox rubbed against my face. The room will be aglow with smiles.

I just wish it wasn't so early in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»