Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bowling Shoes

The kids and I have been very busy. Not so much with the cooking and cleaning but with the, "let's go out there and do something!" kinda attitude. We've been to the museum, swimming, shopping at the mall, eating at restaurants, grocery store, freecycling and bowling. That's in the last two days. We've also managed to take naps both days. We've also taken the puppy for a lot of walks.

One of the things that we did today was go bowling. I didn't realize that it would be so expensive. Shoes alone cost $4 each. Doesn't sound so bad but that was times four people. Then it was $4.50 a game per person. Craziness! The kids did have a blast and when we were leaving a man that worked there gave me a special pass. It gives all kids under 18, one free game per day, every day this summer. That's a lot of free bowling. Only thing you have to pay for is shoe rental. Which would be sucking up the money.

I started looking for cheap bowling shoes for the kids online tonight. I'd love to pay about $10 per pair for each of them. I didn't find a whole lot out there. Nothing at that price for kids.

I do have a bid out on eBay for a pair for me. I'll find out in a hour if I've won or not. Now we just need to find some for the kids.

If you have any luck let me know. 1# Son is a boys size 13 and the twinnies are smaller than that. Like a size 9 and a size 10. Maybe I just don't know the secret place on the internet that has really cheap kids bowling shoes?

1 comment:

-tracie. said...

Did you hear George Carlin died? Do you still have your autographed T-shirt?

How do the cat and dog get along?

How's your sister and the boys?

Does Mr. Husband still have his job?

Love to the fam!