Monday, December 03, 2007

Answer to Tracie's question

I started answering this in the comment section but it was getting really long, so I decided to move it over here to it's proper place.

Tracie asked if I had ever broken a bone.

This was my reply:

A few years ago, I broke my baby toe on my left foot. That hurt REALLY bad and it took about six weeks to heal. That sucked but it really wasn't as bad as a broken arm seems. I just kept it tucked in a sock and tried not to bump it.

Probably the worst accident that I have had was when I sliced my thumb on my right hand a few years ago. I severed a nerve and still do not have feeling in part of my hand. I can not feel pressure and pain but for a long time I could feel nothing.

That was really freaky when that happened. I hardly bleed at all. I put my hand under the sink and was shocked to see my own bones. NOT COOL! The worse part of that was really when they put the shots in my hand to numb everything up enough for stitches. I had 8 to 10 shots in my palm and that was way worse then even cutting it.

Luckily it was a very clean cut and the only lasting effects are the loss of feeling on 1/4 of my thumb and the scar. I have full range of motion and forget about it most of the time. I have noticed that I will rub the scar when someone breaks glass in my area.

I knocked over a jar of sunflower seeds tonight and shattered the glass. It flew all over the place. Luckily the kids were at the table getting ready to eat and I think that I have all of the glass cleaned up. I hate to clean up broken glass because it's the one thing that I almost always hurt myself on.

I'm off to bed soon. I'm definitely feeling the lack of sleep. I know that is why I knocked over the sunflower seeds.

I stayed up late to get everything in order for work and then I had to get up at 4:20 to give #1 Son his pain medicine and then I was up for the day.

I did pretty well. Caffeine is a close and very personal friend right now.

I was able to teach all day and accomplish the majority of the things that needed to be done today.

I also had a conference with #1 Son's teacher after school. We talked about his progress and what to expect when he returns to the classroom. He will probably stay out until Thursday. Tomorrow to rest for one more day. He has this appointment to get his cast on Wednesday and I really doubt that he will be ready to go back for a half day after getting a cast. That leaves Thursday.

Mr. Husband made the appointment this morning and had to stop at the hospital after work to pick up copies of his X-rays. I took care of the school part but also had to stop by #1's regular doctor's office to get a referral for the other appointment. Then off to the pharmacy to pick up a script for me.

All in all a busy day. I'm sure that I'm barely making sense at this point, so I'm going to just lay down and pass out. It's 8:32 that a respectable bedtime. Right?

2 comments:

burnurcomputer said...

I went to bed at 8:20. I stayed up just to take my blood sugar and went right to bed afterwards. So, Yes it is a good bedtime.

burnurcomputer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.