It was one of those kinda days
I am one of those people that does have an amazing ability to bounce back from most situations. I believe this is what leads me to my sunny personality. ;)
Take this day for instance. I was on my way to work, excited to talk to my mom on my commute. My cell battery was almost dead but I wasn't worried because my mom had just bought me a car charger. I plugged it in and it wasn't working. As I was talking to my mom, the car in front of me slammed on it's brakes. I turned hard to the left and jammed mine down. I missed their bumper by an inch and only because I went to the left of them or I would have been in their car. (Yes, I know. Cell phones and driving but I do not hold the phone when I'm driving so get off of it.) At that same time my phone battery died and I had no idea if my mom had heard what had happened and thought that I was in a crash or if the phone had died just early enough for her to miss all of it and thus miss the worry involved.
I got to work 30 minutes later than I usually do and because of other small problems, I got to my classroom after three of the kids were already there. It's always harder to start the day that way but we kept going on.
Before I left yesterday, I had talk to the librarian about a reading program that my students would be using. It was planned that I would take my kids to the library at 8:15 so I could teach them how to use the system. It took about 60 minutes to go over everything. I got back to the room and found out that the district boss for reading was at my school that day and I was out of my room when she came in to see me. Opps. I was in the library. I'm not supposed to be in the library during reading class but it was the best time for both the librarian and I and it didn't matter that I just pushed back the rest of our schedule for the day.
Imagine more of this going on for a few hours.
I dropped my kids off with the P.E. teacher and came back to my building, only to find an injured bird at the door. It was a pigeon with a tag on its leg. It's a homing pigeon that is registered. Unfortunately the National Pigeon Association (Yes, there really is one.) isn't that organized and can't tell me who the pigeon is registered to. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate pigeons? Sad part was that I felt bad for this one and wouldn't have minded it as a pet. A fellow teacher took it to the vet and they will care for it and release it when it is well.
My hands are also so buggered up that children are again asking me what is wrong with them. I can't pretend that it's not eczema any longer. I'm typing with a glove on now. Even sadder part is the fact that I think I might actually be allergic to wheat because this came back when I reintroduced wheat and got much worse after pigout fest.
BUT even with all of that, I had a good day. I spent some fun time with #1 son helping him with his homework. I read to all three of the kids and they really got the story. I carried Middle Child in the ring sling and he loved it.
So although I'm wearing a glove and carried around a wounded pigeon today, I'm doing pretty well.
How was your day?



3 comments:
slept...still sick...went to a TWO hour head check...ate...slept...got son...made him dinner...cut out pictures...stresses beyond belief...scared to start my mounting papers...son has private school testing tomorrow...thank god I do not drive anymore...
I got a pie in my face last night :) No, really, I did. It was for the top seller in my Den. Casey was very nice about it. I had whipped cream all over my face, and darn, it was tasty! I got a call back from May-Grant to retun a call to them today. I think htta means that I failed my tollerence test. I'm not sure yet....maybe I'm just a carrier for CF. Its sad when thats what you are hoping for. But anyway everything else is going well. DO you want me to send a gift or gift cards to teh remaninder of your family unit? Let me know! I love you and my other sick sister very much. I hope thta you got to talk to Mom last night! I'll try to think of something to do for your hand. Mayube you need to go to the dermatoligist again? Maybe I'll learn to spell too!ha-ha!oooooh, I need your help for one of Moms presents- call me sometime when you have a few free minutes!
In case you haven't seen it yet, and are still in the over-the-counter phase, Aveeno has an eczema lotion. Might be in the baby aisle though. Good, good stuff. http://www.aveeno.com/product-eczema-care.jsp
Post a Comment