Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Life in fast forward but at least lung cancer free

I feel like I'm living in fast forward lately. I eat fast, walk fast and seemingly sleep fast. I don't want to rush through life and miss so many important things. I want to enjoy my children while they are young. I want to see the sunset and appreciate the colors. I want to walk my class through the courtyard and look at the trees and listen to the birds.

I'm trying to slow down. I'm really trying.

Test results: Mom does not have lung cancer.

I didn't know how to even write about the possibility. I didn't know what to say or even what to think. With our family history and her luck with medical conditions, we had pretty much assumed that they were going to say cancer.

Now she gets to go and do many of the other tests that she has not been able to do because of the blood thinner that she was on since the pulmonary embolism. It's insane to think of it.

I'm thankful today.

No cancer.

4 comments:

The archer said...

Reading your post made me HAPPY! The warm fuzzy kind of happy. The sincerly happy that I'm alive kind of happy. The kind of happy that occurs when I see the radiant sun rise or a beautiful sun set or see the water fountain in the lake kind of happy. Or best of all, the misty eyed, steal your breath away kind of amazing happiness when I spend time my children, grandchildren,siblings just because.
I too am gratful to have another day to see, talk, or listen; to smile, to laugh, to share. To have the opportunity to appreciate time.

And like you, I wasn't sure what I was going to do or say but I figured it was going to include invading your personal space, just because I love you.

burnurcomputer said...

I wasn't even thinking cancer! I just thought that it was was, well, what it was....In fact, I even said that to you doomsday people :) You are both very nice and sweet! Love you :)

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Hooray! Life is love and happiness. It is about how much you can love and how you go about doing that. Moments like these reinforce that concept. J and I love all of you so much I don't think it can truly be expressed...otherwise you would have to be in our brains...don't say a word!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so glad for your mom, and for you. Good news.