Hair
A little over two years ago, I started growing my hair. I've had it long. I've had it short. I had decided that it was time to go from very short to very long. About a year into it an Internet friend donated her hair to Locks of Love. I decided that I would do the same. It is an easy enough thing to do without having to put much effort into. And in the last two years, I've only been to the hairdresser one time, begging them to but it all off. They talked me out of it but they promised me that I would be able to get it cut for my birthday.
I actually like having my hair long. I like all of the neat things that you can do with long hair. I also hate all of the annoying things that go along with it. I usually just wear it in a ponytail. I hate the feeling when you have been hot and sweaty and now your head is wet for longer than it should be. I am also worried about the increased chance of lice, especially with the fact that I have already had a student with lice this year.
I want to cut it all off and I want to do it now. I keep telling myself that it's not much longer now. Less than 60 days and it will all be gone. I'll be using so much less shampoo. It will dry in no time flat. My drains will not clog with all of the strands that get lost. I just want it gone now.
Mr. Husband is not a fan of my short hair. He knows that it's my hair and that I'm going to do whatever I want with it but I know that his preference is for my to have it long. I understand wanting things a certain way, even if it's not really for me to decide. Like his beard. I love it. I think it looks so good on him and I love the way that it feels. He knows my feelings on the subject.
He shaved this weekend. His face is as bald as it was when I met him. At least now he can actually grow a beard, unlike all of those years ago. Middle Child told him to grow it back. I'm glad that someone was on my side.
All is fair in love, war and hair and come the end of next month, I'm chopping this stuff off. I do love it long but it's time to not have it in my face all of the time. It's time to cool down faster. I'd like to wear hats without having to find a place to put the hair. I want to feel the pillow on my neck.
Soon. So soon. I just have to keep telling myself that.
And I'm sure that it has to weight at least a pound all together and that's an easy way to lose weight. :)



4 comments:
I'm growing mine back out after a short spree. I liked it, but it's time to go back. Do you really save time with shampoo with shorter hair? I don't. Short hair = more product = more hair washing = more shampoo. Also, when getting my hair cut one of my complaints about my long hair was that it too FOREVER (thick too) to dry. Yeah, it dries faster now because I MUST use a blow-drier or else bad cow-licky things happen to the top of my head.
It's awesome that you're giving your hair to locks of love.
Just go ahead and cut it now if you want. Why wait untill your birthday? Who cares what the hairdresser thinks?!?!!?? I think that you look awesome with long and short hair. As MomMom always said, we have nice shaped heads and our faces can take any cut :)
P.S She won't use product. She is stubborn :)
Monica donated her hair to Locks of Love, only she forgot to put postage on the envelope. Let's see, that was about 6 months ago and we still have the ponytail laying in the house. Also, I just went spiky. Not all over spiky, and not purple, but the back is spiky and the front is long. I ran out of product though, so now I look like a boy kinda.
I do occasionally use product but I have to have a cut that I can just wash and dry. I love to spike it and drive people crazy. I do want to go purple but Mr. Husband would probably have a heart attack. I don't want to add that stress under the current stressful times but I do think about it. I'd only do it if it was short and going to keep it short that way I could cut it out fast, if I hated it. We'll have to see. I know that school would freak out about it so it's almost worth it. Time will tell.
If i cut it now, I wouldn't have enough to donate. They would just end up selling it but wouldn't be able to use it themselves. that's why I'm waiting till my birthday. It's gunna be really short to make the donation but I've grown it this long. It's just a little while longer now.
Post a Comment