Saturday, July 14, 2007

Where I spend my Internet time!

Don't you just love the many things that you can do on the Internet?

Let me share some of my favorite things.

There are a few blogs that I read all of the time. You can find the links on the right hand side of this page. Joy Unexpected is my favorite. Yvonne is one funny lady and I'm awfully upset that I will not get to meet her at BlogHer this year. I'm hoping to go some year but it's hard because it's during the first few weeks of school.

There are two message boards that I go to often. Both are related to my children. The first is BabyZone. BabyZone has many message boards. I became a member of BabyZone on January 10th, 2001 and have been active ever since. I find a lot of support from the wonderful woman there.

The other message board I frequent is TwinStuff. TwinStuff is of course about twins but also has a board for triplets and higher order multiples. I am an active member of this on-line community and currently participate in their Big Sister/Little Sister program. The program matches woman with twins to woman who are just finding out that they are having twins. This way the woman who are just beginning their journey into the world of multiples have a guide. I currently have four little sisters in the program.

When I'm board and feeling naught, I go to this web site. True Mom Confessions is a site where woman can go and confess whatever they want. Some of the confessions are things that we are all guilty of doing from time to time and some of them are just down right crazy. There is also a link at the bottom of the page to similar sites for Work Confessions and Dad Confessions.

A site that I find simply inspiring on my journey to love my body is The Shape of a Mother. The Shape of a Mother is site where people submit their stories about their bodies. **Caution-several pictures show nude woman.** It is not a site for pornography but their is nudity. If you have had children and it has changed your body, this might be a great site to check out.

You all know that I spend a fair amount of time here at Blogger. I enjoy reading your blogs as well, at least of you that have one or ever update. If you have a blog that I do not have listed in my links, leave a comment and I will link my readers to you. If you are a friend of mine without a blog, start one already. I want to know what's going on in your life. It's not fair that you already know half of my day by the time I get you on the phone.

Most of my time on the computer is spent away from my kids but eventually they find me and want to sit on my lap and boss the computer around. When this happens we end up going to Starfall or Hotwheels.com. Starfall is great for kids who are learning their letter or practicing new reading skills. Most of the homework for our "homeschool" comes from this site. Hotwheels.com is pretty self explanatory. Middle Child asks to go their at least ten times a day. He also loves to sing the song from the main page, so make sure that you have the volume on when you go there.

My newest toy on the Internet is Meez. You can make your own avatar. I like it because it has so many different options and their is animation. There are several things that you can buy but there is also a ton of things that are free. I have used the site and found it basically easy to use and have spent no money on it. My Meez name is Seaker. Make sure you mention my name if you make your own character and we will each get 5 coinz (meez money). (You can't change the weight, so I'm looking good!)



Then their is always the fun of Myspace, which I still don't totally understand why it's so popular but I think that my space is pretty pimped out. I have a few Myspace friends that are people that I am friends with in real life and a few that I do not really know. Like the totally awesome Zach Braff! I love that guy.

I'm also a member at FaceBook. It's not as fun as some other places but mostly because my most of my friends from real life are not members there. I have been able to find a few people from my family and a few people that I went to college with. I'm still just learning the features but love the one where you can draw pictures for people. That rocks.

Well that's where I spend my time. I'll occasion my first love, Yahoo and there is always some UTube for fun but this is where I spend my time.

How do you spend your time on the Internet?

~*~*~*~For those wondering if I spend all day on the computer. I don't. I watch almost no TV and this is where most of my entertainment it. Also I'm on vacation and getting to sleep in a little, so I'm staying up later than I would during the school year and spend that time on the computer. That all changes during the school year where I get to sneak on some site during my lunch break and spend a little time at night. So, No! I'm not on this machine all day.

1 comment:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Not ALL day, but it is a safe bet that you are doing a limited number of things, and this is one of them.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehhe!