Not now! I'm busy giving things away
I've been inspired by the impending move of my BF, Heather. She is having to sell most of her possessions in advance of her move. As well as taking two classes, saying goodbye to beautiful Seattle and taking care of her son. No big deal.
I'm purging the apartment of things that just sit around. (The non living things that just sit around that is.) So far it's only been a few stroller that I have in storage and a bag of kids clothing that has become too small for everyone here but the cat. I still have a long way to go but I was shocked how fast people responded to my ads.
I 'm now walking around looking at things in a new way. Mentally sorting everything by it's value. When it has no value I have to decide if it's just garbage or would it have worth to someone else. If it's totally worthless, out it goes. Who really needs four Uno cards? Apparently a six year old.
Now I just need to get the kids room totally clean so I can rid of more of their things. Than it's time to clean out my closet.
It's sad how much fun I'm having.



2 comments:
My step mother once said something that was profound...always own your possessions, never let your possessions own you.
With that in mind, a friend is taking son to see Ratatoulli while I clean out his room and sort toys, clothes and garbage.
Happy purging!
My message to the freecycle bounced back so if you want the microwave for school its yours!!!!
Post a Comment