Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 2 of Potty Training:

Things are going well but this means that I have not been able to leave the house. Not leaving the house is not always a bad thing. This means that I've been cleaning. A lot of cleaning. Eight garbage bags worth of cleaning to be exact. That doesn't count the stuff to donate or recycle. But as I'm not leaving the house this meant that I had eight bags of garbage sitting by my door.

I decided that we just had to chance an accident in the car. I helped the kids go to the bathroom, loaded the car and off we went. We have a trash compactor just outside of the gates where we live. It's not far and not a pain when you leave the house on a regular basis. We got there and I unloaded the trash. It was so freakin hot that I was sweating like crazy.

Now when I was leaving the house, I didn't stop to really get dressed. I had a shirt, underwear and pants on. I just slipped on my shoes and out we went. This meant that I was out in public without a bra!!!

For some people that wouldn't be a problem and no one would notice. That is not true for me. The last time I had them measured there was not a bra in a regular store that I could buy. I'm probably up to an H or I by now and they really need to be tamed when in public.

Of course this one time that I don't bother with a bra, I pass my really cute neighbor. Now I love my husband and there isn't a question about that but the last person that I would have picked to see me sweating and braless is this guy.

I thought about just trying to cross my arms and hide them but it wasn't even worth it. I just smiled, said hello and kept walking as if it's perfectly normal to be walking around in this fashion.

2 comments:

burnurcomputer said...

I can see them swinging in my head.tick-tock,tick-tock. Its like a freakin metronome. Which I can't spell, but you get the point! I can't say that i don't know what you are talking about. When I'm outside in teh morning its like every freakin neighbor of mine just has to walk by. Even worse is when we get a package and Ryan isn't home to get the door--- no time to put on a bra, so I do the cross arm thing. Crap.

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

It has been so hot here that the thought of wearing a bra at home is ridiculous. So...the other day my other sister and her fiance came over. I don't know why they were so shocked to see my boobs untamed. They saw me in a bikini last year in the desert. I guess they are bigger now...FREE THE BOOBS!!!!