Monday, May 21, 2007

schools, playgrounds and swimming pools...oh my!

It was a busy day today but good. I did not have to clean up any new vomit today. I saw that because I swear that I can still smell it from yesterday and go around sniffing wildly with my nose in the air trying to find the mystery vomit smell. It's a fun game. You should try it.

The twinnies and I had fun at home today. I took them to the playground and they were having a great time. Their is a seat there that I plop on and read while the kids are playing. I felt something and looked down. I'm so glad that I looked down because there was a wasp on my arm. I tried to brush it off gently but that only made it angry. I walked away and it flew away with stinging me. Then I noticed that it was only one of many wasps that were now making a home in my seat. FUN! The twins and I marched up to the main office and reported them. They were sprayed a few hours later. I'm soooooo glad that I was not stung and sooooooo glad that they actually take care of things here. It's such a difference than before.

The twins and I picked up #1 from school. He was really excited to see us and the other kids had fun giving Middle high fives. Little had chosen to wear her boots and several teachers stopped to admire them. They all had a blast.

I took the three kids to the pool after we were home. They had so much fun. It can be difficult to watch three kids at the same time. You have long read about how one of them is always trying to end their own life. Today was no exception. Middle forgot that he was afraid to jump into the water and started doing it if I was ready or not. Little Girl jumps into the water but keeps her mouth wide open. She didn't get the hang of closed mouth swimming yet. Mouth open...water go in. We are working on it. #1 was actually trying to swim today. He is such a chicken sometimes but we was getting so excited and wanted to try so hard. He was kind of doing a doggie paddle. If you imagine a three legged dog that more sinks that swims, you are close. The point was that they had fun.

It was a great day but I am TIRED. Man those kids have too much energy most of the time. My plan was to try to tired them out a little and it worked. They all went to bed at 7:30 without a complaint. I just hope that I could find a way to do it without exhausting myself. They better not get up early tomorrow. That would be unfair.

2 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

I get to see all of this for real very soon!!!

-tracie. said...

I wore my Narley Nuptial shirt yesterday!