Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Year of Me day 105

Today I made Mr. Husband play tennis with me. It wasn't hard to talk him into it because it was a beautiful day but I was pretty insistent. The problem with this is not so much the playing of tennis but the what to do with the children while the adults are playing tennis and trying not to hit the small children.

It rained very hard here today. So hard that the playground has several deep puddles of mud. It's usually soggy on a clear, warm day just from the watering system here. It's gross when there is a heavy rain. I was willing to do the laundry and bathing of small screaming children if it meant that I could hit a little ball around.

The kids ended up riding their bikes on the side of the tennis court while Mr. Husband and I swung madly hit the ball around. I didn't care so much but it was making Mr. Husband a little nervous. I was more of the mindset that they will learn to stay off the court when they get hit by a speedy little ball. He was more of the mindset that we should be actively trying to keep them out of the way because they might get hit with a ball. This meant that he was frustrated with having to stop very frequently and I was so amused that I almost peed myself.

Eventually we both just sat on the bench and talked while the kids played with their bikes. Mr. Husband wasn't frustrated and I amuse myself no matter what I'm doing.

I love tennis.

***********************************************

#1 Son has a blog and he wanted to share it with you. He has been begging for one and I finally caved in with some conditions. I am the offical writer of the blog and therefor I will have final say about all of the things on it. He he. It begins.

Please go visit!

3 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

I voted for you!!!! I was the first!

burnurcomputer said...

Dude I had to make an account so I could leave a message on number one sons blog! Bummer!!!!! But now I can see him!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!! Make sure you read my blog too!!!!

burnurcomputer said...

How the Hell do you vote!!!!! I don't know what category you are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!