The alarm goes off at 5:30 am
That's right. Tomorrow I am back to work. I'm really dreading going back but I am looking forward to ending this school year. My last day for the school year is May 25 and I'm sooooo looking forward to that. Oh I can almost taste it.
Lets review the list of things that I wanted to do this vacation:
Goals for vacation:
1. Make sock dolls/monsters
2. Clean the apartment3. Find a routine that will work when Mr. Husband is working evenings
4. Tye-dye
5. Talk on the phone, a lot
6. Relax
7. Take some time to write
Ok, let's see how I did:
1. I did not make any new sock monsters but I did make #1 son a monster from material that I allowed him to pick out. I also made a decapitated M1ffy head for Little Girl. So I count this one as completed.
2. I cleaned this place really well. It's hard to tell already because I didn't obsessively clean it today but I did while on regular vacation so this is completed.
3. I at least attempted this. We will be able to tell this week but I did get us in a routine of going outside to play, homework while I make dinner, dinner, bath, pajamas, cleaning and bed. I consider this one completed.
4. I did not Tye-dye. I thought about it often but was not brave enough to attempt because of the cuts on my hand. The solution that I soak the materials in before I dye is very unfriendly to cuts. It burns any little cut and then I swear so much that I sound like I have terrets. So this was not completed but with good reason.
5. I talked on the phone. I talked a-lot. A whole lot. Like so much that my phone battery kept dying. Definitely completed this.
6. Relax. I did a great job of this. You can tell because of how many times I told a stupid story about me hurting myself on something like a sliding glass door or wheel chair. So completed.
7. I did take some time to write. I wanted to take a little more than I did but I couldn't with all of the talking and hanging out with the kids. I have started working on several different ideas that I am very excited about and will be sharing soon. I'm happy with the chance to at least be brainstorming about things and writing almost everyday. #7 complete.
Overall, I'm very happy with what I did on vacation. I just wish that it lasted longer but only about 2 months until school is over.


