Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The day has come!!!

Mr. Husband has a job. He should be starting on Thursday. This is the temp-to-hire position with some kind of mortgage company. He will be doing something without paperless applications. He got the call today. At this point they are only needing to do some paperwork and then he can start.

I'm so excited for him. I can't imagine what it's like to keep putting yourself out there and not getting anything in return. I've never had that experience and I know only how frustrating it's been for me to watch.

His hours will probably be from 10am to 7pm. This means that I will be in charge of making dinner, helping with homework and getting everyone ready for bed. I'm sure that we will fall into a routine and everything will be fine but I'm dreading the days where I'm just exhausted and will not want to deal. I told Mr. Husband that I will not just make Mac'n cheese with hot dogs every night. I will actually make them real meals because they are my children and they deserve it. So I'm going to have to start paying attention to what I buy in the grocery store again.

I also had to go to the store and buy two car seats and a booster because we only had them in the "family" car which is Mr. Husbands car. I went to the store and found the three that I liked, purchased them, got them to the car by myself and started loading the car. I got two of the seats in the backseat and was shoving the other in the front seat. I opened the passenger side window in the front and the door would close. Only when I got inside I figured out that I could not shift the car. I managed to get put down the emergency break but that was it.

I took out the boxes, took the seats out of the boxes and put the seats inside the back of the car. I then took the boxes apart and stamped them flat and crammed them into the trunk, which is already too full with just the double stroller in it. I'm sure that the people in the parking lot thought that I was crazy but it was the only way that I was getting to go home.

The car started to drift while I was loading the trunk. I grabbed the car and pulled it back so it wouldn't roll into the car in front of me and ran around and put on the emergency break again. You can actually do that with a teeny little car like mine.

I'm glad that I have a good sense of humor or I would have been saying many bad words during this whole thing.

Tomorrow I will attempt to actually strap all three of the seats in. I'm sure that this will be fun but I will make them fit. I WILL!!!

I bought two regular car seats and I bought #1 son a high back, 5 point restraint booster. I feel that he will be safer in this but it will also be easier for him to put his seat belt one. When all three seats are in, there isn't a lot of room even for little hands to buckle up. Remember I drive a Kia Rio. It's small.

It's worth all of this "fun" if it means that Mr. Husband will have a more regular type job. He did a good job of going to substitute but the job is HARD for very little pay. Now he can go to a hard job with slightly higher pay and a chance to promote.

4 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHOOOO,HOOOOOO! Manyella, you don't have a small car, you are super mom and wouldn't put up with your cars impertenance and desire to not listen to you. So you simply grabbed it and went around to put it in "time out". T o which it complied to your will. Next time will you buy a spell check for this thing, you know that I can't spell for poo.

-tracie. said...

YEAH!!!!!!!

Erin~Leigh said...

tis the time for jobs...congrats, I just got myself a new one too!