Goodnight little children
I love the way they call my name when I walk in the door. The way they run up to me and throw themselves at me. They have perfect trust that I will always catch them.
I love the way they say Mommy. The enthusiasm in their voice. The little way that there face scrunches when they say it.
I love the little hops and skips. They no longer just walk or toddle. They run and skip and leap. You can see the song in their steps.
I love they way that they hug. So tight and fierce. Like few grownups still do.
I love the way they whisper good night. Just before I leave them to sleep.



3 comments:
I agree, it's a wonderful job to be a mom.
Those moments are the ones that wash away the pain and frustration of other not so wonderful moments.
If I had arms to reach across the counrty I would give you a big tight squeeze!
yes it is wonderful!
Post a Comment