Friday, November 24, 2006

A special suprise and our Christmas tree

As you have probably read my last post, you can guess how I was feeling yesterday morning.

I had Mr. Husband read what I had written. I wanted to share with him exactly how I was feeling and sometimes it's hard to put my feelings in words. Well at least in words that come out of my mouth and not from my fingers.

He read the post, gave me a big kiss and I finished getting ready for the day. We were heading over to my inlaws for Thanksgiving dinner and the twinnies were just waking up from their naps. I was excited to go and have some wonderful food because my MIL is a good cook.

We got there to a big surprise. My BIL (brother-in-law)had flown into town without telling anyone that he was coming! He works at Microsoft and apparently you can do those kinds of things if you have a high paying job and no children type people that you take care off. I was very happy and it was a wonderful surprise to have him there.

The kids were funny because they acted like they see him all of the time. He lived with us for awhile when he had first moved to Old City. It was a long adventure where he stayed on our couch for eight or so months not long after the twins were born and it wasn't also a pleasant experience but it was nice that the kids got to know their uncle so well. They just said Hi to him and went about their business.

Thanksgiving went off well and all of the food was ready by 4:30. I think that in itself was a miracle especially considering the fact that my MIL made a 26 pound turkey. We had a great dinner and then came home.

I ventured out to go Christmas shopping this morning. I actually enjoy the craziness of it. I kinda stand back and watch the people that have worked themselves up over that one super deal that will change their lives but they might have to knock over an old lady or small child to get it. I walk around as if I'm in a bubble that they can't touch.

I did buy a Christmas tree today as well. We didn't have one last year and we talked about not getting one this year because we are going to be traveling over the holidays but I really, really wanted one. The kids were amazed when Mommy walked in with a tree in a bag. I bought a small tree that is still potted. Something that we can decorate but will still be manageable with the millions of small hands that live at our house.

I put on one string of lights on it and there is still an couple of extra feet left over. We put on a little angel and some home made ornaments. It does look a little ghetto but the kids think it's the neatest thing in the world. There are even some wrapped gifts underneath and it's not even December yet!
So although yesterday started out a little rocky, the universe put itself right and all it took was an extremely expensive plane ticket, an outrageous taxi ride and a little ghetto tree to do it.

3 comments:

-tracie. said...

I love the tree. It's like the one you had in LH. I showed the girl the kiddo pics and I cried a little bit. I miss you so much. I forgot you'd have off today - I miss that too. No vacation for me! Just yesterday. Yuck. Do you have Monday off for hunting? I wondered what decorating for Christmas down there would be like too. Hope you're watching the Simpsons (they're on right now).

Anonymous said...

I love your tree! I wish I could see it in person. Call me, would you?!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Manyella I love your tree! Its cool, not ghetto! Remember how Mom has a bunch of ornaments that we made when we were little?I think that it looks like a FAMILY tree! I LOVE it!!!! I misss you and hope that Tommy had a good time.Hi Tracie- I havent seen you since the wedding. Hi Michelle I never got to meet you in person, but Manyella has talked of you a lot.