Friday, November 17, 2006

Crazy day, the ups and downs of my day

This is what I was doing while most people were still sleeping this morning. Middle child woke very early. I decided to snuggle him and spend time with just the two of us instead of being grumpy that he was awake so early. This was at the end of our snuggle time. This picture was taken at 6:05 am.

The middle part of the day wasn't as fun. We had some special guests at our school. They had a puppet show and the puppets talked about the different types of abuse. Now I have been abused in the past. My father sexually abused me when I was younger. My sister was the only other person that knew until years later. So this puppet show was difficult for me.

After the show the kids need to write letters to the puppets. One of the students wrote about how she has been abused. She talked to me about it just before lunch. I talked the school's social worker while they were eating and the social worker talked to the girl after lunch. After school the social worker and I say in her office and called the abuse hot line to report what we had been told. The phone call ended with them telling us that they did not have enough information to investigate the case. Nothing will happen.

I often think back to my teachers and wonder if any of them had any idea of what was going on with me. I wonder if they knew and didn't know what to do? Did they ever call? Were they told the same thing? Maybe no one knew. I'll always wonder.

We will keep working with this girl to try to get her the help that she needs. It was hard to send her home on the bus today. I wanted to kidnap her. I didn't but I wanted too.

Getting home was great. The kids were wonderful and we went out to the tennis court to kick some balls around. I tried to get them to all sit on the bench together and look at the camera but that wasn't happening. Here's what I got from the boys.



Baby Girl figured out how to open the gates at the court. This is terrible because it means that I actually have to watch to make sure that no one escapes. I love this picture!



We came back in and had Pizza Friday. The kids played on the porch and were having a great time. The glasses were left over from Halloween and Baby Girl just had to wear them. She's super silly.
I knew that I was getting close to my 1,000 visit on my blog. I knew that it would be happening in the next day or two. I didn't realize that today would be the day. I really didn't think that it was that close because when I checked it turned out that I was the 1,000 visitor. I was going to offer someone a prize but now I don't have too. :) It kinda sucked that it was me but cool that we at least reached that goal.


Here's to 1,000 more!

3 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

You and the babelahs are gorgeous! You will connect with this girl. You know her pain.

Anonymous said...

That sucks. Child and Welfare sevices here aren't any better. Cat was just saying how bad it was before, well now its worse. A case worker died form a heart attck or stoke, in her early 40's because of the stress. They have no plans to replace her. Cat tells the victims of assult about how hard it is to convict. So most of them don't do it. Thre are 2 case workers in Lancaster and I think the same in Lebanon. If you want I can kidnap her!!!!! She would be safe here! I'm sorry that those things happened to her. Will you give her a slowpoke if I send you an extra one?(when they arrive). You can tell her that you thought that she needed an extra friend.....on a happier note, you look hot and the kids are spankin'! I miss then and you. Also madame dragonfly- post a damn blog already! I'm waiting.....

-tracie. said...

I wish I was close enough to babysit. I've never met them, but give them all hugs from their distant aunts (you know, the ones that never get married and they always wonder about). =)