Thursday, September 21, 2006

Who you gunna call

I was at work, sitting at the computer just thinking about what a great day I had at work today. The kids were pretty good. I still have a voice because I didn't have to scream and tomorrow is Friday. I really felt like I taught them something today.

I also noticed that I had to go to the bathroom. Not a problem there happens to be a bathroom in the back on my classroom. I make sure that door to the classroom is closed. I can lock that door but I can not lock the bathroom door. I don't want anyone to sneak up on me. Imagine the look on the poor woman's face who cleans my room!!

I go inside and have a little sit down. Realize that I have to defecate. All of which is going really well. I'm done with my business and I go to use the paper, only to realize that those little buggers had in fact used all of it and didn't tell me that it was gone. I have three rolls of this stuff just outside of the bathroom.

Now the blinds in my room were opened and there is a small window in the classroom door. I don't want to pull up my pants, for oblivious reasons but I can't walk out with my naked butt sticking out either. I realize that I have my cell phone in my pocket. I take it out, flip it open and stop. Who do I think that I'm going to call? The school secretary? The custodian? Mr. Husband who is at home and would take the minimum of 45 minutes to come rescue me?

I finally decide that I need to put the phone away. I pull my pants up pretty far and my shirt down pretty low. I open the door, grab the paper and get back inside within seconds. Finish my business and am on my to washing my hands.

It's kinda sad that I don't have anyone to call to help. I know that is a really gross thing to do but I bet that any of my close friends would come to rescue me in that situation just as I would go to their rescue. I miss having friends like that close enough to actually come and save me.

I miss my toilet paper fetching friends.

2 comments:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

I miss being called on to fetch your toilet paper and assorted items. Flying all the way from Seattle for toilet paper delivery sounds like a movie script...hey...maybe we're onto something here!

Anonymous said...

I need t.p for my bung hole! Does that sound familiar? I forget am I beevis or butt-head? Let me know! Love you !