Friday, August 25, 2006

Let's go out to dinner and see a movie...

The kids are sleeping over at their grandma and grandpa's house. I got to go to dinner with Mr. Husband and have no kids with us. The movie theater and restaurant share a large parking lot so I parked the car and Mr. Husband bought the tickets. We walked over to the restaurant together and sat in the BAR section. You know that section where children don't sit. It was so cool.

We ate massive amount of food. I had a couple of strawberry daiquiris and we went to see the movie "Little Miss Sunshine." Which was great. The movie was great and no one needed me to take them to the bathroom in the middle of it. During this movie, I wasn't responsible for holding the seat next to me down so that a small person who doesn't weigh much wouldn't accidentally get folded in. I don't have a cramp in my back from having to whisper, "I don't know what's going to happen. Stop talking." Really it was great. The story line was good too.

We got back in the car in record time because I only had to put my seatbelt on. I didn't have to strap anyone else in. I can turn my music on and not worry about the possibility of anyone hearing bad words. It was so quiet.

But I also don't have any little foreheads to kiss. Any little bodies to cover up. I won't wake to the sound of any one laughing. It was fun to go out and be a grownup but I miss my kids.

1 comment:

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

Times that by 11. I leave for Burning Man tomorrow and tonight marks the first night of 11 that I won't see my sweet little boy.