Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lots of blood for such a little thing

We went to the wedding today. It was really beautiful and nice. I had fun but Baby girl fell and scraped her knee.

Baby girl was walking with my mom. Only about 15 feet away from me. There was a large brick patio where they were serving some food and drinks. This was after the wedding and before the reception. Poor Baby girl tripped on her princess dress and scrapped her knee. I heard my mom call my name just as Baby girl was falling. She had blood running down her little leg. There really was a lot of blood.

She had fallen on that same spot on her knee less than a week ago and still had the scab there. I didn't know if all of the blood was because of the way that the scab came off or if she had puntured something at that same spot. Turns out it was just the scab and just a lot of blood for something that had barely bled in the first place. I picked her up, put a napkin on the knee, applied pressure to the area and took her to the bathroom to clean it up. Two minutes and a bandaid from a very helpful waitress and she was all better. She was really most upset about the fact that I took her sandels off of her to wipe the blood off of them.

It was very scarey for me. My little girl was screaming. A strean of blood was running down her leg and dripping off of her foot. I was very scared for her. What if I couldn't just fix it for her? What if she was really hurt?

I know that there is a real strong posibility that some day something might happen to one of my children that I can't just fix with a kiss and a bandaid. I know this. I just dread the day that I won't be able to do that for them.

I want them to experience much in this world but I want to shelter them from pain and harm. I just know that I can't do that and I get a pain in my chest when I think about it. I know that is part of the human life experience. I just don't know what I will do when that day comes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://google-machine.info/2063.html or http://google-index.info/470.html and http://google-index.info/611.html