Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Little Brother,

You weren't born my brother but we become family when Mrs. Husband came into my life. You were just a teenager with strange hair that reminded me of a Q-tip. You were just a kid.

You grew a little. Came to the same college and I got to know you as a freshman in college. You came over to our apartment to hang out with us. Sit in the living room and do a little underage drinking and other things that I won't post on the internet because I'm a teacher. I was glad that I got to know you better.

Mr. Husband and I got married and you stood up with us at the ceremony. You looked very handsome in your suit. I was glad that you were there with us. You still carry the pocket knife that Mr. Husbnad gave you as a gift.

We moved to Old City and we only got to see you occassionally at holidays. You become a man while we were gone.

You moved to Old City to find a job and make a life for yourself. You lived in our livingroom for months. You watched the children grow and drove me crazy but I was glad that you were there. The children love you. The babies can't remember a time in their life where you weren't there.

You now have a fabulous job and things seem to be going the way that you wanted them. You still drive me crazy at times but you are my little brother. I love you.

Happy Birthday,

Your sister.

No comments: