New routines and random thoughts
I am a creature of habit. I need to have a schedule and know what is going to happen. I'm very much a three year old in that way.
Summer vacation bring a lot of freedom to my daily schedule and it takes some time to get into the swing of how things will be done. Some things are easy to figure out, the kids wake up, I feed them. Others are a little more difficult, how often to go to the pool. I'm sure that we will settle into a routine soon. I am going to take the next few days to just savor being home and not having to do anything on a schedule.
The kids and I all have sore throats and runny noses. It's not that bad but it's just bad enough that I'm trying to convince them that they are too sick to go to the pool. I'd like to hide in my bed with the covers up to my chin taking an open mouth nap but they don't seem to think that is the best thing to do.
We went to the beach last week. We had a great time but I came home fried. We've tried so hard to keep sunburn away but it finally found us. The kids were a little pink but after some vitamin E cream, they were fine. Mr. Husband has a burn on his back and on his scalp. It's really red but he seems to be dealing well. I have sun poisoning. I have little blisters on my chest and upper back. They itch like crazy but they burn if you scratch them. Today was the first day that I could wear a bra without crying. I'm sure my neighbors were thankful for this fact.
The puppy is doing well. She is growing and playful. She wants to fun and bite everything in sight. She's not mean just teething but it can still hurt. She is not house trained and I'm getting tired of watching her all day long for signs that she's about to poop on the carpet.
I really want a Wii. Like really, really bad but can't come up with any excuse other than I really, really want it. Like really bad. I have an Xbox and I play that about once a day when I'm on vacation but I really want a Wii. Like really bad.
Mr. Husband should find out this week if he will still have his job of not. They are restructuring stuff and things are still up in the air. It's stressful not knowing. It's been so nice to have enough money to do crazy things like buy groceries and pay the rent and then splurge and get the children new shoes when they walk holes in the old ones. I'm trying not to think about him not having a job. I don't want to have to go through the whole process again. I'm not even the one out there interviewing and trying all of the time but it's hard being the one at home. Right now the not knowing is very hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment