#1 Son broke his funnybone. No, really.
Saturday was full of adventure. I got up early and had the urge to clean. It's spring time here. At least for someone that grew up in the Northeast. This is not Winter. This is Spring cleaning weather. I got the boys room organized, changed their sheets and vacuumed. It was looking very good.
#1 Son was playing at the end of his bed. Actually between his bed and Middle Child's. He was swinging between the foot board and fell. He started screaming and it was a sound that he has never made before in his life.
Quick trip to the ER, a few X-rays and now the boy has a splint. He will see a pediatric orthopedic doctor this week to have a cast put on. The splint that he has now is hard on the bottom and wrapped several times. He can not move his arm but I can't wait for the real cast because the splint is fabric and he keeps dropping stuff on it and it already has a few stains on it. At least the we will be able to wipe off the cast.
We are going to keep him home from school tomorrow. I want to meet with his teacher and the school nurse to find out what they can do to make this all a little easier. How they can help him with small things that we would do at home. I'm hoping that they will be able to meet after school tomorrow.
We hope that he will get to have the cast put on Tuesday and then return to school on Wednesday. I'm sure he will be bored of being home by then.
I have to get back to work. I brought home a lot of stuff that has to be done this weekend and was actually sitting down and working on it when he broke his arm. Time to get back to it.
2 comments:
Poor #1 son. Only he could have gotten hurt while playing in his room....absent from schenigans :(. If only he had been naughty- it wouldn't seem quite so sad. But #1 son IS very well behaved! I am glad that little girl and middle child didn't have to go with you to the hospital.....very tramatic. Give number one a big fat raspberry and lick the side of his face for me :
He'll have to blog about it. Poor kiddo. I've never broken anything. Have you?
Post a Comment