Christmas on July 4th
Toys R Us is having a 75% sale. Mr. Husband and I have almost finished Christmas shopping for the kids now. The sales were great but now I'm starting to panic about where I'm supposed to hide all of this stuff. We did also get a few Halloween costumes and #1 Son's birthday gifts but still. I'm going to have to clean more things out of the storage closet.
We spent a lot of time in the car today and visited the Kennedy Space Center. We had a really great day and what a wonderful way to celebrate the birthday of this country by learning about part of it's past and future.
The kids really loved the rockets and space shuttles. I learned the difference between a rocket and space shuttle. We saw a few really good shows, the kids got to climb into a few rockets from the Apollo days, and we got to go to a lecture.
The lecture sounds like it would be boring but it was the best part of the adults. (The twins feel asleep but it was past their bed time.) We got to hear about the Atlantis that has just returned home and the Delta II which will be launched on Saturday, if conditions allow. #1 Son asked several questions at the end of the lecture. Each of the questions were intelligent and none of the adults rolled their eyes. I learned from the answers of his questions.
I also learned that teachers receive an annual pass for free if they bring their teaching certificate to the main gate. Of course I only learned that when I was at the main gate and I am not in the habit of carrying my certificate with me. I'll have to make a copy of that baby and put it in the car. The lady at the ticket booth said that I would be reimbursed for the days admission but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
3 comments:
What a great day! Julian and I want to go on the new Shuttle experience ride there at the Kennedy Space Center.
Dexter is intelligent and thoughtful. Now other new people know it.
That's so great that they do that for teachers, but to have your certificate? I don't know if I know where mine is...
Did you count all your kids before you left the compound? I know I love the kids to the moon and back but I don't think they need to go there to verify it.
I was listening to a story on NPR about the teacher who will be making a trip to the moon on the space shuttle. Apparently she was one of the 10 finalists during the initial Teacher to the Moon shuttle disaster and has been active in the program this whole time. She is now 55 years old and very excited to have the opportunity to go into space.
I don't know, I just kept thinking about having a hot flash in space. Must be my age.
Anyway, sounds like you had a fun time. What about the Dip and Dots?
Post a Comment