Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Chinese rock!

My pink violin arrived today. I'm so happy. I've always wanted a violin but never thought that I would actually own one. Ebay is amazing!!!

Mr. Husband tuned it for me and played it a little. It sounded nice when he played it but seemed broken when I attempted it. I'm sure that it had nothing to do with the fact that I don't know how to play it.

Mr. Husband has been playing the violin since he was in Kindergarten. There has been many times in the 10 years that we have been together that I have thought about learning how to play. I've even talked to him about it before but it usually comes down to the fact that we only had one. Since it's his and he doesn't want me to put tape on it, the tape would show me where to put my fingers, I'd given up on the idea.

Today he showed me how to play Twinkle, Twinkle and I can actually do it. There are definitely times when you have to use your imagination but it's not painful to be in the same room with me while I attempt it.

I'm also able to play Bah, bah black sheep and the ABC song. At least I would be able to convince people that is what I was playing if I could sing and play. It's going to take a lot more practice to do that.

_______________________________________________________
~~~Job Watch 2007~~~

Mr. Husband did not hear back from the lady today. So he isn't going to be starting tomorrow after all. It's so frustrating. I want to scream at her. Is there a problem with the application? Paperwork just lost? She just flighty and not getting back to him? I can't believe that this is happening. I'm trying to think happy, positive thoughts that everything is still going to work out with this but COME ON LADY! He even called and left a message for her. I know, Mr. Husband using the telephone for a call that might be uncomfortable. I didn't even have to tell him to do it.

Keep your fingers, toes and nose hairs crossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hear it! Bah, bah black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir ,yes sir 3 bags full. One for my master and one for my dame and one for the little boy who lives down the lane. Bah, bah black sheep have you any wool? Yes, sir ,Yes sir 3 bags full! See now I sang along with you! Now as my Mr. Husband--- Dude that sucks! Maybe she had a doctors appointment and couldn't call. Or maybe she threw up at work and had to leave. See 2 very plausable explanations. Don't forget to check you personal e-mail.

Heather Van Uxem-Lewis said...

He should call her today and ask her what the hell is going on. Being a bit more cordial than that though.

Something will happen. Just keep your mind open and look for all doors and avenues.

BTW, I haven't even seen it and I already love your pink violin.